Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IFixTheInternet

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Los Angeles
Now that I am on a Mac Pro this is I did with the G5

G5Tank01.jpg

More images are available at http://mgarito.com/Pages/g5tank.php

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Very cool :cool: :cool:

Then again, those MacPro towers are just about works of art in their own right..

IFixTheInternet

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Los Angeles
Pic and linky no worky.

Sorry about that. I am using a free web hosting while I build my site, since I am in the process of teaching myself Dreamweaver. Once its further along I plan on upgraded to a paid web hosting site. The trade off is reliability and a crappy banner. The link does work, when the web server is doing its job properly...

macJC50640

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2009
That looks effing awesome, but couldn't that machine get a few more years of useful computing? :p

IFixTheInternet

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Los Angeles
That looks effing awesome, but couldn't that machine get a few more years of useful computing? :p

I grabbed it from work after the mother board was fried (out of warranty).
I stripped the RAM, HD, Video Card, Power Supply and Super Drive, and added them to our stock of available parts to fix other machines. Have not waste not. :)

nice what happens if you open the side panel? :D

I feed the fish....

The tank is constructed from 1/4" thick clear acrylic. and is resting on top of a support piece, which also houses a small air pump. There is absolutely no space between the back wall and door that is not filled by the tank. Its so tight inside the fame that I have to remove most of the water before it can be lifted out, via a small tube / valve assembly hidden behind the side door.

Because my site is mostly a presentation of finished work I don't have images of it under construction.

CK.

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2009
Sweden.
G5Tank01Large.jpg
G5Tank02Large.jpg

G5Tank03Large.jpg
G5Tank04Large.jpg

I thought I should be to some assistance, as I could reach the website. Hopefully my server is more reliable!

If the creator wouldn't want his pictures on my server, I'll delete them - just name it. :)

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
Really nice job!

I reckon you should feed the fish by placing the food in the optical drive (some plastic thing that moves) and slide it in :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.