PDA

View Full Version : 15" Powerbook 1.5Ghz - It squeaks !

eyelight
May 24, 2004, 03:01 AM
Bought new 15" Powerbook about 2 weeks ago and after a few days use noticed that the area to the right of the trackpad, (where your right wrist would rest while typing), is slightly raised up from the base. Just over the disc drive. Only about one millimetre, but the problem is that anytime I lift up my hand it squeaks. If I press down on this area it squeaks too. It's never been dropped or anything, no accidents, and I can't remember exactly when I first noticed this, but it's really annoying. One day last week it did get really hot, hotter than usual and there was a CD in the drive. Could this have caused it ? Anyway can any body recommend a place I can get it repaired in the London area ? Preferably somewhere that can do it on the spot while I wait. In the middle of editing a short video project, and until I can get myself an external drive, all my footage is on the PB and I really don't want to let it out of my sight.

Larry,
London, UK

Mord
May 24, 2004, 03:27 AM
go to square group it's on new oxford street near the giant argos I am not sure if they can fix it on the spot but it's your best bet

Coolvirus007
May 24, 2004, 03:29 AM
I have been to a shop called square (or cube ?) computers. Its near Tottenham court road. You go straight past Tott. Rd. on Oxford street (where the rd. name changes to new oxford street) and the store is on the left side. From the tube, its a 2 minute walk. They are an authorized apple repair centre.