PDA

View Full Version : g5 loading images slowly

iSaygoodbye
Jun 21, 2009, 11:29 PM
I have a powermac g5 dual 2ghz with 2 gigs of ram and its loading images frickishly slowly.Any reason why?

iBookG4user
Jun 21, 2009, 11:30 PM
On the web or in an application? More information would be nice to help solve the issue :)

iSaygoodbye
Jun 21, 2009, 11:37 PM
web

iBookG4user
Jun 21, 2009, 11:39 PM
How fast is your internet connection? Is this a recent issue, or has it always happened? Do you have the latest version of Safari?

iSaygoodbye
Jun 21, 2009, 11:46 PM
How fast is your internet connection? Is this a recent issue, or has it always happened? Do you have the latest version of Safari?

speedtest.net gives me 11.5 mb/s .On my old much slower pc they loaded instantly.Yes,i have safari 4.Thanks for you help by the way

iBookG4user
Jun 21, 2009, 11:49 PM
Hmm, do the images load at the same speed in another web browser such as FireFox? And have you tried restarting the computer? If neither of those works, try creating a new account and seeing if the images load slowly on the new account.

iSaygoodbye
Jun 21, 2009, 11:52 PM
Hmm, do the images load at the same speed in another web browser such as FireFox? And have you tried restarting the computer? If neither of those works, try creating a new account and seeing if the images load slowly on the new account.

Just as slow in firefox.As soon as this episode of 30 rock im watching is over i'll try a restart.If that doesnt work ill try the new acount

iSaygoodbye
Jun 22, 2009, 12:11 AM
after a restard theyre loading a bit faster.not as fast as id like but decent.Thanks

Dr.Pants
Jun 22, 2009, 01:11 AM
Well... from the sheer number of things that are possibly affected, you might not go wrong with another restart to reset the PRAM and then repair permissions...

OrangeSVTguy
Jun 22, 2009, 09:16 AM
Try clearing your cache.