Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrdinh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2007
i imported my movie from my sony hd cam in full 1080i then use convert the file to mpeg 4 with quick time....

i search for this error in forums and people say the error is due to 2hrs max...so i delete my scenes down to 1hr or so..still get this error!

what sup?

help please!!!

thanks
phat

bearcatrp

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2008
Boon Docks USA
How full is your hard drive? Are you using a scratch disk? Also would suggest you post this question in the apple iMovie forum. My bet is your out of disk space.

ildondeigiocchi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
Montreal

ildondeigiocchi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
Montreal
Seem to have fixed it. Imovie will only export between 30-35 minutes of full HD video. Also does 1000% CPU usage of 16cores when burning a BD movie in Toast 10 sound normal?

bradengelmann

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2008
Re: need help 2:23 long movie

Howdy folks.

Tried Toast 10 and Toast 8, won't work. Toast doesn't accept DV from the Canon Vixia HV30. Their support confirmed it.

Moved over to iMovie and I get the 2125 error; seems I can't do a project more than two hours.

What now? Any way to get this thing captured and put onto one dual-layer DVD? Not real concerned about sacrificing quality; so long as we can see the video adequately that is fine.

I have Adobe Premiere CS3 installed but would rather not learn the curve on that if I don't have to. But if anybody has used it and knows if there is a straightforward way to get this thing done, I'd appreciate advice.

All I want to do is take the 2 hours and 23 minutes of Christmas footage from last year and put it on one DVD (dual layer) for my family. Wouldn't think that'd be all so complicated, but Toast is..well, toast and iMovie is a joke.

Please help!

Brad

ildondeigiocchi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2007
Montreal
Howdy folks.

Tried Toast 10 and Toast 8, won't work. Toast doesn't accept DV from the Canon Vixia HV30. Their support confirmed it.

Moved over to iMovie and I get the 2125 error; seems I can't do a project more than two hours.

What now? Any way to get this thing captured and put onto one dual-layer DVD? Not real concerned about sacrificing quality; so long as we can see the video adequately that is fine.

I have Adobe Premiere CS3 installed but would rather not learn the curve on that if I don't have to. But if anybody has used it and knows if there is a straightforward way to get this thing done, I'd appreciate advice.

All I want to do is take the 2 hours and 23 minutes of Christmas footage from last year and put it on one DVD (dual layer) for my family. Wouldn't think that'd be all so complicated, but Toast is..well, toast and iMovie is a joke.

Please help!

Brad

I had this error and the definite source was that the movie was too too long for export. I had to divide my 2 hour movie into four segments of 30 minutes each. Any longer than 30 minutes would result in error 2125. Once done exporting via Quicktime, I assembled videos in Toast 10 for simultaneous playback and then burned a BD-R disk. iMovie is easy to use but its not professional software. The average consumer will not have items the prosumer market usually has (high end HD camcorders) and thus this consumer product does not have all the implementations of pro software. But, with a little work arounds who says it isn't capable of meeting our needs. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.