Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stuuke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
I just got a new pb and updated the address book, calendar and safari through my .mac account. How do I go about transferring my mail to my new computer? Is there a file that would keep all of my member names and passwords stored in safari/autofill? I also need to get my iphoto albums and itunes library transferred. What files do I need to transfer for those? Thanks

stuuke

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Can anyone help? I need to get dreamweaver, itunes and iphoto updated on my new machine and don't know where the files are on my old one that will make them the same.

parrothead

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2003
Edmonds, WA
stuuke said:
I just got a new pb and updated the address book, calendar and safari through my .mac account. How do I go about transferring my mail to my new computer? Is there a file that would keep all of my member names and passwords stored in safari/autofill? I also need to get my iphoto albums and itunes library transferred. What files do I need to transfer for those? Thanks

If you still have your old computer, you could transfer the files using target mode, that would be a lot quicker than over the internet. As far as which files you need to transfer:

iTunes: you will want the iTunes library file and the .xml file found in the library. Obviously, you will want the music folder as well.

As for the others, I have done it before but without my mac in front of me I hesitate to tell you where to find them. (I am on a PC at work. :( )

Maybe someone else can help you with that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.