PDA

View Full Version : My troubles with my powerbook and DHL Delivery company

sebaz
May 24, 2004, 05:52 PM
I already posted my story in other forums, im posting it here hopefully you guys can advice me on what to do, since we are all fellow mac fanatics after all...
Well some background information first on this trouble..

I took my 12 in. powerbook to the Apple Store here in Miami to be sent out due to a cracking sound the Display Lid will emit when you moved it, very evident after the the system gets a bit hot. So it gets to Apple, they couldnt reproduce the problem and what not, it didnt worry much, i could live with it i guess. So i call the 19th. and they tell me that it was packed ready to be sent, i should be getting it the next day before 12 noon, "Great" i tought. the 20th. comes i check the website first thing in the morning..put it in the tracking number..what i get..

Shipment Summary:

Current Status: In Transit
Est. Delivery Date: 5/20/04

So far so good, around 10:30 that day i call just to double check the address many times ppl put the address wrong on boxes and what not...it was wrong great they attempted delivery but they couldnt find it. Address fixed, tomorrow i should be getting it, even DHL call me to confirm this. One day delay, sure it happens, at this point im a bit mad, but no big deal it could happen to anyone. I call Apple as to let them know whats up, they call DHL and they tell Apple, sure friday guy has it in his hands. The 21st comes by...nothing, call DHL to check up, the package is still in transit, it hasnt come to the office as to be delivered...righ... So here i am explaining again everything how even DHL told me i should be getting it today, "I understand sir." Im sure you do. Call Apple again on the 21, talk to this lady (very good service from Apple's part btw) she calls DHL, they have the package in the warehouse, I was given the option to go pick it up, truthfully i had no time that friday, i was willing to accept an early saturday drop off (today). Thats my work machine, I have work in there, and by the look of things i may be a bit behind in things that need to be done. Today goes by and guess what? Thats right no powerbook. I call DHL, the package doesnt show in the office to be deliveried, even tho ppl had already requested for it to be delivered in 2 opurtunities it was still in Transit. Lady says that i could wait until 5 pm, since they could deliver it until that time. To make it easier on myself and them i said "you know what...OK just give an address ill go pick it up", here i am exercising the option that was given to me yesterday. "You cant do that sir..." ...i see "The Package is in a place you cant get it' ..."But if i was given the option yesterday cmon, for the love of Christ.."ok so where is it?" -"Probably in the warehouse". Mind you this was a "Next Day AM" service, so far 2 days after Next day, and i have valuable stuff in my powerbook not to mention the price of the machine itself. I demand to talk to a supervisor as to let them be aware of their "great" freakin service they offer. I get a call back...explain everything again, shes like "yes i understand", everyone understands yet nobody cant do jack squad!, well anyways - "but first i need to know where the package is.." Im like "if you dunno where the package is, are you trying to tell me that my package may be lost..?" her "uh...no no its in transit". So she goes on to tell me how she has alert the main guy here in Miami that as soon as they get the package to deliver it to me (really? well isnt that what you were suppose to do in the first freakin place!!). So here its im without computer until possibly monday when i could actually may have the chance of getting it. I called the Apple lady, as to let her know whats up, and to basically let her know that whatever they told her was a lie, and i expect a call from her monday (left a voicemail). Truthfully, im mad at this, and im done dealing with DHL, Apple chose them as their carrier to send me back my computer, its their resposability to make sure it returns to me in a timely and safe fashion, let Apple talk with them and handle their BS. As it is right nowi have no computer, and who's going to repay me for all the time i have spent without getting work done and most importantly dealing with this BS something that i shouldve had not do in first place?

Toda is monday still no powerbook, it hasnt even been received in Miami to be delivered yet, after 5 days already. DHL call me today wanting to know what was exactly in the package that way the could track the package location since the label may have come off ... So DHL doesnt know where the package is, they have started a search for my package in all locations, according to what the Apple lady has told me. Along with that she has passed my case to a department that deals with this type of things. So now I have to wait for DHL to call me maybe telling me where the package is, and wait for Apple's agentsm they should be calling me after they investigate with DHL. Its weird how DHL if they couldnt deliver the package it shouldve been returned to Apple, or scan in other locations as said by the Apple lady.

Hopefully this will be resolved soon, i can no longer wait here expecting things to happens. Also, I refuse to wait a month or so until apple finds out wtf happened to my powerbook, i need a computer, hopefully when these Apple "agents" call me im able to work something out. This sucks guys.

Edit: Tuesday update..

yoda13
May 24, 2004, 08:56 PM
Man, that really sux. That is one of the worst delivery, or lack there of, stories that I have ever heard. Be sure to let us know what eventually happens. And Good Luck!!!

annk
May 25, 2004, 02:59 AM
That's awful, I've had bad delivery experiences too, but never with anything as valuable as a computer. The lesson I get out of your experience is NEVER send a computer off without having a full back-up (at least of the most important files) somewhere you can get at it.... :eek:

Good luck. It probably WILL show up eventually, but that doesn't help the fact that you've lost valuable time (and most likely money) by not being able to work.

sebaz
May 25, 2004, 06:31 PM
**Edit: Update Tuesday - No calls from either Apple or DHL, if by tomorrow noon i have receive no calls from either of them, i guess ill be the one calling as to be update on the situation.

sebaz
May 26, 2004, 04:44 PM
Update Wednesday: Apple call me, they are working on the case, they have talked with DHL, DHL has yet to call them back (not surprise). According to the person who call me it takes about them about 10 business days to get a resolution on a case like this. I cant wait that long ... :mad: . Hopefully Apple will come tru and make up for all the time i have wasted and all this crap that i have been dealing this past week or so..

papersushi
May 27, 2004, 01:45 AM
DHL (Used to be Airborne Express) is absolutely aweful! I thought Apple already dumped them all together long time ago, Apple now only ships with FedEx most of the time, UPS from time to time.

sebaz
May 27, 2004, 12:01 PM
Update thrusday: Bad news, good news

Bad: -DHL has said they cant find the powerbook, lost it.... :(

Good: - Apple is giving me a new powerbook (1.33) along with the 512 RAM that i had in my old powerbook, airport extreme, combo Drive :D .

Bad part II: Now that my powerbook is gone, I have already changed Password in my ISP email, Sites that i buy stuff from etc etc. I have also send an email to the itunes department telling them to shut down my Apple ID, I dont want sumone goin in an Music shopping spree thanks to DHL lol. Lost ppls phone #s ..hopefully nobody willl be stalkin them...

Well i keep u guys update once i receive my new powerbook :)

iGary
May 27, 2004, 09:40 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

sebaz
Jun 1, 2004, 05:56 PM
Update June 1st. My new replacement powerbook has been shipped out from Taiwann to me should have it friday, if everything goes according to plan *crosses fingers*. Fed Ex has never gone wrong with me so hopefully this trend will continue lol

sebaz
Jun 3, 2004, 11:48 AM
IT HAS ARRIVED!!

One day earlier than expected my replacement powerbook its here. 1.33 Ghz with 768 of ram, man this thing kicks my old pbook out of the water...

Im very happy to say the least, happy to be back home, back to mac, and with a new powerbook! No more use for my pc except for some ut2004 gaming everynow and then..

Finally this story is over.

latergator116
Jun 3, 2004, 07:10 PM
Well that's a great ending! I wish my iBook would "get lost" so they can send me a new iBook G4. :D

aswitcher
Jun 3, 2004, 07:52 PM
IT HAS ARRIVED!!

One day earlier than expected my replacement powerbook its here. 1.33 Ghz with 768 of ram, man this thing kicks my old pbook out of the water...

Im very happy to say the least, happy to be back home, back to mac, and with a new powerbook! No more use for my pc except for some ut2004 gaming everynow and then..

Finally this story is over.

Well Apple Australia seems to have shocking delivery delays as well. Glad you got your machine. Hopefully I will be able to say the same soon...