Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EdwardCTV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
hey every1,:D ive been a lurker on this forum for quite some time i figure id start posting now that im an official member to the world of apple (macbook and now iphone 3gs!) :)

for me buying a new case for your iphone is almost as exciting as getting the actual phone itself (or maybe its just me lol)...especially now that there are so many awesome new cases out, functional, eye catching, etc. theres a case for every1

im kind of OCD about things to begin with and even moreso now that im slowly becoming somewhat of an apple fiend with that said i spent alot of time researching what the best case was....alot of ppl were pointing to the Rebel cases as they have style + protection (hybrid of soft and hard case)

well i got my rebel case in the serpent style last week and my findings were not good........

check out my full review here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79-JmjH0w6o

overall the case is not the greatest and i would not recommend this case to anyone.

:( now the search for the best case continues!

by the way.......

wanted to share some images of some unique cases..have u all seen these? (probably so b/c alot of the ads on this website direct to these websites)

iphone3g_noel_web_banner_new.jpg

iphone3G_HEX_web_banner_new.jpg

iphone3g_swirling_color_web_banner_new.jpg

hex_white_1.gif

shining_red_1.gif

shining_red_2.jpg

viper_brown_1.gif

carve_red_1.gif

some knock off designer swarovski crystal cases lol

http://www.dealsniper.com/en/home/i...ck-swarovski-crystal-iphone-case-3g-case.html

white gold diamond iphone case designed by Peter Aloisson ($176,400)

most-expensive-iphone2.jpg

white_gold_iphone_1.jpg

and he's now one upped himself with....

kings-button-iphone_8cPcq_48.jpg

Austrian designer and jeweler Peter Aloisson left us tight-lipped when he rolled out the $176,400 Princess Plus iPhone and now, he is back with yet another stunning creation. The new Apple iPhone 3G “Kings Button” is made of solid 18 carat yellow gold, white gold and rose gold. The white gold line is encrusted with a total of 138 brilliant cut diamonds of the best quality. But the most prominent feature of this one-of-a-kind phone is its home button that features a rare 6.6 carat diamond. The Kings Button iPhone exudes luxury from every nook and corner. This stunning diamond-encrusted iPhone comes for a whopping €1,790,000 (US $2,517,345), much more than the Princess Plus. For the price, it steals the crown of the world’s most expensive iPhone. Now tell me, what the heck is this credit crunch?

TehBest

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2009
Aww that sucks man..good video though, very well reasoned. I agree, that is definitely a man. defect. I actually just ordered a red capsule rebel (not the serpent one) so Ill see if mine has the same issue with the misfit at the bottom. So you contacted them and they are going to do a swap right?

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
Yours definitely has to be defective. I've probably spent dozens of hours looking for a case for myself and decided on the exact same one (color too). Hopefully mine will get here soon so I can see if it's worth my time or not. I usually put on an invisible shield but I'm getting tired of them after my last phone. Plus they tend to get nasty after a while and I have a white phone this time.

Versus

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2009
Yeah, that sucks. Sorry you got a dud.

I too have spent countless hours researching cases. It would seem that every case that has a list of positives have just as many negatives. I too opted for a Capule Rebel as the "saggy bottom" I've been hearing about I could deal with or even fix myself.

It's amazing the multitude of problems all of these lauded cases have to one extent or the other. Either it's too thin, too thick, causes the back to scratch, the bevel to scratch, lifts up screen protectors, ect. The rest are either shoddily made or downright ugly!

Someone should just take the Rebel design and make it better or Speck should put the Candy Shell out in colors that don't look like total s***!

V4705

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
i think its ok condition for a rebel, i know after awhile its get even worst (after taking on and off several times).

if you decide to take the rebel i guess you're looking for good drop protection.
the more-thing and ultra-case looking great but there is no shock absorbing and most of their cases dont even have soft coating inside to prevent scratches on the iphone (from the case itself).

and if you dont mind of the rebel bulkyness, consider the speck candyshell as an option.

good luck!

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I've read a bunch of reviews about this case by MacRumors forum members (and other SwitchEasy cases) that complain about the sagging at the bottom of the case.

I was going to order it until I started reading them.

My search continues......

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
Yeah, that sucks. Sorry you got a dud.

Someone should just take the Rebel design and make it better or Speck should put the Candy Shell out in colors that don't look like total s***!

I agree with the Speck colors. I almost ordered one of the Candy Shell cases but the colors are way too flamboyant for me to use on a daily basis.

Nanookfan

macrumors member
Apr 13, 2008
Wow, sorry yours came out like that. I have to say though that I have the Black RebelSerpent on my 3Gs and I fortunately do not have any of those defects or the sagging issue at the bottom. So far am very happy with the case.

EdwardCTV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
I've read a bunch of reviews about this case by MacRumors forum members (and other SwitchEasy cases) that complain about the sagging at the bottom of the case.

I was going to order it until I started reading them.

My search continues......

ive read alot about the "sagging bottom" on rebels. are they talking about the bad fit of the case or that the bottom literally sags? mine doesnt sag (yet) but it does not fit right.

anyway as we speak its on its way back to wirelessrage.com cos i am doing an exchange :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.