PDA

View Full Version : 12" PowerBook Warping?

ColoJohnBoy
May 25, 2004, 01:04 AM
I have a Rev. B 12" PowerBook 1GHz that I bought last October(ish). I haven't had a single problem with it, but lately I've noticed some annoying little cosmetic flaws. In the upper right-hand corner of the base the plastic edge is separating from the aluminum portion - not a huge amount but quite noticeable. It also curves slightly back toward the keyboard. It also looks like the right side (the face with the optical drive slot) has moved away also, but even more so than the plastic. I thought maybe the screw had come loose, but it is firmly in place. Now I just noticed that the battery is hanging somewhat loosely in its bay, and the front face of the computer, on the right side of the PowerBook, flexes in and out. Is this just normal wear and tear that I have to get over, or would Apple fix this for me?

I've always been sure to properly ventilate everything, prevent overheating, etcetera. The only moving I subject it to is around my apartment, and to and from work, packed in a carrying case purchased on Apple.com. This little fella is my baby, and a treat him as such. Any ideas?

hi_im_rob
May 25, 2004, 11:13 AM
I have a Rev. B 12" PowerBook 1GHz that I bought last October(ish). I haven't had a single problem with it, but lately I've noticed some annoying little cosmetic flaws. In the upper right-hand corner of the base the plastic edge is separating from the aluminum portion - not a huge amount but quite noticeable. It also curves slightly back toward the keyboard. It also looks like the right side (the face with the optical drive slot) has moved away also, but even more so than the plastic. I thought maybe the screw had come loose, but it is firmly in place. Now I just noticed that the battery is hanging somewhat loosely in its bay, and the front face of the computer, on the right side of the PowerBook, flexes in and out. Is this just normal wear and tear that I have to get over, or would Apple fix this for me?

I've always been sure to properly ventilate everything, prevent overheating, etcetera. The only moving I subject it to is around my apartment, and to and from work, packed in a carrying case purchased on Apple.com. This little fella is my baby, and a treat him as such. Any ideas?

That same thing has happened to both my 12" powerbooks.