PDA

View Full Version : My Apple TV is having problems connecting to my TV

jeffmorr
Jun 23, 2009, 11:32 AM
I have an Apple TV running the newest software, but I just got my dad a slingbox for fathers day, and had to switch around some cables. Before, I had my :apple: TV connected by component, but now i need to use HDMI due to the lack of inputs on my TV. However, since I've been using HDMI, I've only ben getting the sound (which is plugged into my sound system by the red and white cables). The video has shown up occasionally when the :apple: TV is starting up, but then left. I have tried going through all the inputs in my remote, and it wasn't there.

I am able to get my XBOX plugged in by the same cable into the same HDMI port, so I know it's not the TV or cable.

Can anyone please tell me if something is wrong with my :apple: TV, or if I did something wrong?

kadeschs
Jun 24, 2009, 06:44 AM
You can reset your Apple TV by unplugging the device from the power source for thirty seconds. If that doesn't work, you can try holding down the Menu and Menu up/scroll (+) buttons simultaneously on the Apple Remote for 6 seconds. Apple TV will cycle through all of the available resolutions, displaying each for about 15 seconds. Please wait, as it may take up to 2 minutes before a compatible resolution is found. If the display is incorrect or doesn't show up, keep waiting while Apple TV continues to try and find a compatible resolution. If a picture appears on the screen, navigate to OK with the remote and press the Select/Play/Pause button. Apple TV works much better in HD resolutions such as 720p or 1080i. Of course, you should choose the 'best' resolution that your TV supports.