Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2dogs2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
I am trying to help a friend install a printer driver on a Power Mac 601, SYS 7.6.1

The printer is a Laserwriter 630 Via serial

I downloaded a file Laser_Prep_7.1.2.sea.bin.. I broke the file apart to get to the .sea, but I cannot get it to install so I can go to chooser and select it. When I go to Printer descriptions I can find a file there for the 630, but it says it a document ..

1. What do I need to do to install the driver ?

2. Is there some way to clone the HD in the PowerMac ? (just in case)

Thanks...

2dogs2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
I tried that, it opens up a screen that says this is a document, and nothing else.

The file I d/l was from directly from the apple site, so I know it has to be a good file.

2dogs2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
Well, the file I d/l from the apple site ended up being that it would not extract once it got to a .sea file, and I have not found any site to get the whole install disk from. Anyone know where I might be able to get a driver ?

I tried that, it opens up a screen that says this is a document, and nothing else.

The file I d/l was from directly from the apple site, so I know it has to be a good file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.