PDA

View Full Version : Site crit for new portfolio

besler3035
Jun 23, 2009, 03:45 PM
Still in the works, but I just launched a redesign of my graphic design website. I'd love to know your guys' thoughts. http://eslercreative.com.

Thanks.

Intel Inside
Jun 23, 2009, 03:52 PM
hey, like your site and its simplicity. But to improve i think you could put a bit more "emphasis" on the Menu/navigation. Also i think making the logo and "creative design for you" a bit bigger will make a big difference.

Just my thoughts, hope you take them into account. But a very good site

needlnerdz
Jun 23, 2009, 06:38 PM
Your initial page threw me off - hard to tell that you are advertising your own skills and business, rather than the website that you created and have profiled in the center of the screen. I think that it would be must better to have the first page take the user immediately to the work, where they can select from a multitude of options. On that note, I believe the thumbnails could be much bigger. If they were just photographs you were presenting, than I would understand finding an obscure cropping to leave the user curious. However when you want us to click on a particular work, maybe print/web/etc- it would be helpful to tell from the thumbnail just what sort of medium we might be looking at, let alone if we really want to be clicking on project X based on seeing a mini version of it.

Lastly, on the profile page, I'm not quite sure what this picture of you really offers. You have covered up half of your face, thus if we met after inquiring a job, I would have trouble identifying you - and on an 'analyzing it way too far' note, you are doing the exact same arm on bench pose as the person behind you = 'not different than the rest' to my strange interpretation.

However, its a nice clean/simple/easy to navigate website = bravo!

IgnatiusTheKing
Jun 23, 2009, 06:53 PM
I agree with nerdz. The look of the site and the navigation is quite good, but the I think the initial impression someone gets of the site should have more to do with you (and what you do) and less to do with a project you've done. As it is now, it's a little confusing.