PDA

View Full Version : anyone have experience with Fry's repair?

amoildani
May 25, 2004, 11:43 AM
Ive decided to take my 12 inch powerbook g4 to repair my very stupid issue of a small piece of paper in the superdrive...and looking for a good place to take it. Im in Austin, TX, the only places i know that do apple repair is Fry's and Compusa...

anyone know of any places in Austin, or have experience with either of those places?

Im assuming Best Buy doesnt do apple repairs...and that my 1-year warranty with apple doesnt apply to this

Horrortaxi
May 25, 2004, 12:03 PM
If Fry's repair is anything like the rest of Fry's they'll blow up your computer as a diagnostic measure, then superglue it back together, then give you a major attitude when you complain about the computer being broken.

I take it you're out of warranty.

krimson
May 25, 2004, 12:59 PM
take it ANYWHERE except Fry's.
Please for the LOVE OF APPLE, PLEASE! :cool: :D

I'd put a sledgehammer to my Mac's before I let anyone at Fry's touch it. :)

amoildani
May 26, 2004, 01:33 AM
id love to send it into apple so they can repair it, BUT, the warranty says it doesnt cover "accidents" and id consider this an accident, so i dont want to pay 350 bucks for them to take a piece of paper out of my drive...that would be a waste of money, so unless they do it for a lot cheaper (free would be great...)...compusa is my pick for now