PDA

View Full Version : PANASONIC NVGS120B CAMERA, PROBS WORKING WITH MAC

Fabrix2003
May 25, 2004, 03:32 PM
ok so like i go on the macuser site take there recommendation as looking into it, says that this camera is good, but im unsire how to use it in conjunction with my mac?, it says it can be a web camera, but how panasonic didnt send me a macintosh version driver disk just a piddly windows disk, tried to contact them with no success at the moment, anyone know of a solution on how i can get video off and how to turn it into a web camera, maybe some kind of driver site someon knows about?

aswitcher
May 25, 2004, 05:28 PM
ok so like i go on the macuser site take there recommendation as looking into it, says that this camera is good, but im unsire how to use it in conjunction with my mac?, it says it can be a web camera, but how panasonic didnt send me a macintosh version driver disk just a piddly windows disk, tried to contact them with no success at the moment, anyone know of a solution on how i can get video off and how to turn it into a web camera, maybe some kind of driver site someon knows about?

Ouch. That was one of the cameras I was looking at....

Let us know how you go.

evil_santa
May 25, 2004, 05:42 PM
if the camera has firewire on it you cam plug it into you macs firewire port & record the video it to imovie. You should also be able to use it as a input for ichat AV when it s pluged into the fireire port.

Fabrix2003
May 25, 2004, 06:08 PM
nope usb 2.0

aLreddy tried and dont recognize nuffink :mad:

atari1356
May 25, 2004, 07:11 PM
I have the same video camera. I'm not sure about using it as a web camera, I haven't looked into that at all.

However, as someone else already mentioned, you can plug a firewire cable from your Mac to the video camera and import the video into iMovie. It works perfectly, you can even control the camera (play, fast forward, rewind, etc.) from iMovie.

EDIT: actually, I should clarify. I have the PV-GS120, which is the U.S. version of the camera that you have. As far as I know they are identical feature wise (probably just some difference with the video format, PAL/SECAM/whatever)

Fabrix2003
May 26, 2004, 04:34 AM
thanks im in college now still no joy with this usb cable, so i think i will try a firewire cable in college. If i can find one.

Thanks i will keep u informed! :o