PDA

View Full Version : ichat audio - mac to PC probs (again)

McChat
May 25, 2004, 04:51 PM
I have ichat 2.1 (beta) and OX 10.3..... have no problem talking with other macs. Audio chat with PCs is not possible however. Have tried everything, yes everything is OK my end.. no firewalls etc. and yes everything is ok the PC end ..they all have 5.5 etc. I've had many long discussions with "AppleCare" (they tell me this is the first complaint!!!) and still have the same probs. I see that many others on the group with the same prob.
Any soutions yet?????

Thanks

McChat :confused: :confused:

mklos
May 25, 2004, 05:18 PM
I have ichat 2.1 (beta) and OX 10.3..... have no problem talking with other macs. Audio chat with PCs is not possible however. Have tried everything, yes everything is OK my end.. no firewalls etc. and yes everything is ok the PC end ..they all have 5.5 etc. I've had many long discussions with "AppleCare" (they tell me this is the first complaint!!!) and still have the same probs. I see that many others on the group with the same prob.
Any soutions yet?????

Thanks

McChat :confused: :confused:

I don't believe its possible to do an audio chat between a Mac and a PC, even using the latest versions of iChat for the Mac and AIM 5.5 for the PC. BTW you can download the full version of iChat (iChat A/V 2.1) instead of using the iChat A/V 2.1 Beta. Its either a problem with AIM 5.5 or iChat that doesn't allow you to just do an audio chat with between a Mac and a PC. I think however you can do a one way video chat if either you or the person you want to talk to has a web cam.

X-Factor
May 25, 2004, 08:07 PM
yeah it's true, you're only able to video chat with a PC if you're using a Mac. Haven't heard of anyone being able to just audio chat using a Mac and PC. Hope that helped :cool:

McChat
May 25, 2004, 09:38 PM
Thanks........ seems I will have to buy a isight camera.... still a pain I can't audio chat. !!!