PDA

View Full Version : VSTs / Audio Units

djarpit
Jun 24, 2009, 10:21 AM
I am a PC. And right now I have LOTS of free VSTs plugins and instruments for my production I do. Also I rewire reason and cubase and do all my mastering using the VSTs.

I have a few qeustions.
1) are there decent amount of free Audio Units / Plugins (reverb, mastering, delay, etc) available?

2) Is it possible at all to route recorded audio from Mac to a Pc in a Paralleled PC via audio bus?

thanks
Arpit

dryjoy
Jun 26, 2009, 03:00 PM
In answer to your first question, yes there are loads. Lots of freeware developers are kind enough to produce AU versions as well as VST ones. Depending on what software you use on the Mac, you might not need too many free plug ins. Some of the ones included with Logic (e.g. Spacedesigner reverb, Delay Designer etc.) are far better than anything that is free, IMO.
But, if you like weird things, you would probably want to check out some of the free stuff. For example, I really like the Destroy FX (http://destroyfx.smartelectronix.com/) ones for Glitchy kind of stuff.

I don't know the answer to your second question, I'm afraid. My Mac doesn't have Windows on it at the moment.