Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benlee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
My new 3GS's sleep/wakebutton is almost flush with the case and will not push on the entire left side of the button. I have decided to exchange it. Why when I go to make a genius appointment there is only one day available? Do you think I can get away with a walk-in? Or should I call AppleCare? But would they want me to return it before sending me a new one?

JNB

macrumors 604
If you can't make an appointment for a convenient time you can try a walk-in, but may have to wait a while.

Calling AppleCare may just make it a lengthier process (though no less able to handle it), and they'll likely suggest the Genius Bar if there's one convenient to you.

benlee

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 4, 2007
If you can't make an appointment for a convenient time you can try a walk-in, but may have to wait a while.

Calling AppleCare may just make it a lengthier process (though no less able to handle it), and they'll likely suggest the Genius Bar if there's one convenient to you.

Thanks. I guess I'll just have to wait for a good appt time. I have to take my girlfriends sister for her MacBook battery so I can do it all in one shot ( with two appintments of course).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.