PDA

View Full Version : macmame question

taeclee99
Jul 7, 2002, 01:32 AM
Is there a way to load mame roms from a burned cd or dvd?
I would hate to load 4 + gigs of roms onto the hd for macmame.
I know change the directory path for roms in Mame32 (for windows) but not with Macmame.

cb911
Jul 7, 2002, 01:45 AM
you've got 4 gigs of ROMs??!!!:eek:
got any good Neo Geo ROMs??

i tried MacMAME and gave up because i couldn't get it to work. all the games i wanted to play were Neo Geo anyway, so i just got GeoMAME. now it all works great except for a few ROMs that must be faulty.

but overall 'i'm as happy as a little girl.':p :D

taeclee99
Jul 7, 2002, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by cb911

i tried MacMAME and gave up because i couldn't get it to work. all the games i wanted to play were Neo Geo anyway, so i just got GeoMAME. now it all works great except for a few ROMs that must be faulty.

Yes I have a nearly complete Mame set (including neo geo) up to the current 61 release.

My favorite neo geo roms are as follows in no particular order.

Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug X
King of Fighters 2000
Garou - Mark of the Wolves
Neo Turf Masters
Bust a Move 2
Last Blade 2

taeclee99
Jul 7, 2002, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by cb911

You probably need to download newer versions of the roms in order to get them to work with the newer versions of Geomame.

mac15
Jul 7, 2002, 02:37 AM
I have 500mbs worth of GBA roms, and I thought I had the most

cb911
Jul 7, 2002, 03:37 AM
where could i get newer versions of the ROMs? i have looked everywhere, but i got all the ones i have now from the Neo Geo section of Fileplanet.com (http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?section=1754)

can anyone help me out with a site where i could get newer ROMs?

mac15, what computer do you run the GBA ROMs on? aren't the graphics just a little bit too bad? or do you just really like the GBA games?