Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alex khusainov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 24, 2009
Hello! We would like to introduce a unique iPhone app..

THE ONE & ONLY HOUSE OF CARDS FOR IPHONE AND IPOD TOUCH!
Special Introductory Price of US $0,99!

Features :

- Build a House of Cards using multi-touch technology on your iPhone and/or iPod Touch.
- 3D environment, real physics.
- Make screenshots of your Card Towers and share with your friends.

For a long time on the iTunes App Store: a UNIQUE game!

Apple says there is app just about anything, but it was not completely true until the day we've released this game

Further information about the game is available at http://www.cardtower.com and the iTunes link is http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...320203645&mt=8

Promo-code: PN6TR7TNYM7T
3FAR7E66HM69
NH4XMHN6H49E

iphone1.png

Take a brief look at the description:

With a good technique and a little bit of patience, you can build a three or four story (or even higher) card tower with our very addictive and interesting iPhone and iPod Touch game. Now you can explore your inner architect in the comfort of your palm of the hand. No more winds, pets, or family members to destroy your creations!

With more than two decks of of cards and unlimited time, you can compete with people around the world (online score submission will be added in the future versions) for now - top ranking with screenshots available now.

Beautifully designed game, with accurate physic rules and an undo feature to give you a chance to correct small mistakes not to ruin an entire tower you've spent hours to build.

For a limited time only the Card Tower is offered for US $0,99! The game that is really interesting, addictive and for some people can be even useful to improve patience and coordination, using multi-touch technology of the iPhone/iPod Touch and our unique idea. Enjoy!

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
All codes have been used. It'll be nice when people learn to post when they use a code.

lavrov

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2009
We found a bug (will not turn back from the landscape mode), will submit an update tomorrow, as soon as we'll get approved and will have new promo codes, we'll post it here.

lavrov

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2009
Card Tower Competition.

We are currently holding a Card Tower competition with the following prizes:

1. iPod nano 16Gb
2. $50 iTunes Gift Card
3. $25 iTunes Gift Card

For more information please check the website: http://www.cardtower.com/twitter/

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Looks interesting and I was about to buy it, but then saw your keyword spamming in the description and changed my mind.

I really hope this (keyword spamming) doesn't become as annoyingly frequent as it has on eBay.

For anyone who doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about, the end of the description for this app states:
This app doesn't contain: poker, playboy, nude pics, backgrounds, adult content, ifart like effects, flight simulator

Which means anyone searching for the words in that list will get this application in their search results

Cheap tricks like this really wind me up and could completely ruin the usefulness of the App Store - if I'm searching for Flight Simulator I don't want to see things that don't do it!!

jalpert

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2008
I agree. He was about to get a WTH $.99 out of me, but now I think I'm going to pass. Thanks for the heads up.

Looks interesting and I was about to buy it, but then saw your keyword spamming in the description and changed my mind.

I really hope this (keyword spamming) doesn't become as annoyingly frequent as it has on eBay.

For anyone who doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about, the end of the description for this app states:

Which means anyone searching for the words in that list will get this application in their search results

Cheap tricks like this really wind me up and could completely ruin the usefulness of the App Store - if I'm searching for Flight Simulator I don't want to see things that don't do it!!

lavrov

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2009
Honestly, we're spending on all types of advertisement, with our TouchKarma app ( http://www.touchkarma.com/ ) we went to radio, tv, PR, magazines, adwords, admobs, etc. We didn't move at all in top. With Card Tower we made it to top20 in our sub-category in the first day without any paid ads. As any developer we're using all possible ways to promote our apps and so far nobody can tell how apps are making it to the top, looks like promotion inside iTunes is the only way to be seen and developers are very limited in it. I'll remove this keywords if you convince me that it's bad to use keywords like many other developers do in the market where you compete with 50k+ apps and 0,99 price tags..

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 32GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

The problem with keyword spamming is that it will inevitably get to the stage where people won't be able to find anything because of the spam keywords. It's up to you whether you employ these tactics but I refuse to purchase any apps from companies who use keyword spamming.
If everyone did the same the problem would go away.

vivithemage

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Wirelessly posted (iPod touch 32GB: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

The problem with keyword spamming is that it will inevitably get to the stage where people won't be able to find anything because of the spam keywords. It's up to you whether you employ these tactics but I refuse to purchase any apps from companies who use keyword spamming.
If everyone did the same the problem would go away.

Ditto, I wont even look. Thanks for the heads up.

strike1555

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2009
I agree. He was about to get a WTH $.99 out of me, but now I think I'm going to pass. Thanks for the heads up.

Make that me too. Lavrov, so far you've lost $4 because of your keyword spamming. I think you should remove it before you lose any more revenue.

lavrov

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2009
Actually we've lost thousands of dollars due to pirates and cracked installs. :( 59% of all installs are cracked... looking at Pinch Analytics right now... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.