Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KrazyKuul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
I haven't read many threads about 3.0 in detail, but all the titles I am seeing say are saying that 3.0 is making my iPod slow, and nothing works anymore, and stuff like that.

When 2.0 came out and I still had my iPod touch, that was a great update, everything was better, speed, appstore, and other little features that made things easier.

Why is it that most people seem to hate 3.0. I only ever tried out the developer version, way before it was released, and back then, they didnt have spotlight, and not even landscape for safari configured yet!

Could I get a couple opinions, who likes it and who hates it. And for what reasons?

Thanks, because if they don't do a maintenance update soon, I'd feel uneasy about getting a 3rd gen even though I would get one anyways.

archurban

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2004
San Francisco, CA
no, it's not true. most people are pretty much happy about it. as you know, only people who have problem post here or other forum. so that's why it seems many problems. I am one of people who are happy, satisfied with 3.0 update. don't get wrong.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I personally love 3.0 on my new iPod touch, sure it's not jailbroken (yet) but I enjoy the new features on it.

DuckSoup

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
Upstate Central NY
I am pleased as punch with 3.0 so far.

As far as I am concerned, my Touch is faster overall, with the exception that the App Store is clearly slower, however I must add that my home wi-fi was offline for over two months and I did not fix it until AFTER I upgraded to 3.0 on my Touch - so perhaps at home it would have been slow with 2.2.1 had I "fixed' it before the upgrade. I'll have to find my 1st Gen with 2.2.1 to see how that one responds.

I must say when I run Safari it is MUCH faster, and the two guys I know at work with iPhones have made the same observation on that.

I have yet to use bluetooth, nor do I sync Outlook Notes (as it seems MANY have been having that particular problem)

Mike

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
It's a fact of life that people having problems are more likely to post on the forum than people who are not.

There are lots of posts on problems with 3.0 on the iPod Touch, the screens on MBPs, OSx updates, and more.

I have a new MBP and just ran through all the firmware/software updates, and it runs fine. the screen is fine, the touch pad works fine, firewire works fine.

mackeys

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2009
Personally loving 3.0. Not a giant leap of any kind but definite improvements and extra features. Had a little problem downloading and installing on launch day but apart from that it's been great. I've had no problems with it making my iPod run slower either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.