Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fedj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
With more than 50 000 apps on the AppStore, it becomes really difficult to find your need easily.
Store-Extend helps you to browse the AppStore by integrating some new features :

- Sales (daily or by category)
- New apps (daily or by category)
- Highlight of the Lite/Free version if exists
- Multi-Store
- Top 100 of every category (of every store)
- Save into a favorite list to highlight sales on apps you want

The best thing is that it's FREE and will stay free !

If you want to know more, go to : This explaination page

You can download it via this link

In order to improve the software, you can directly contact us via the software, it's really important to us to know bugs and feedbacks

fedj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
Neat right? The app store is very cumbersome. I mean it's pages and pages of mostly crap, with a few gems hidden amongst things like iFart and #$*& like that.:D

That's right, it becomes really hard to find any good app or save money, with Store-Extend, you can save money and see new apps. You can browse AppStore better than with the AppStore default application.

Thank you designgeek, you've spotted it.

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
Doesn't the app store have referal code for every purchase made the refferer get X% of each transaction?

If so this is nothing more than a money grab app for the dev and offers nothing more above the official app.

TheSquad

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008
Doesn't the app store have referal code for every purchase made the refferer get X% of each transaction?

If so this is nothing more than a money grab app for the dev and offers nothing more above the official app.

Did you read the application Description ?

It says it shows you all AppStore Discount's, new App by day, and tells you when a Lite version of an App exist... Does the Original AppStore does that ?

Forum are not write only mate, read before speak !

TheSquad

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008
Isn't the app store already free?

AppStore is free indeed, but it doesn't show you on a list the numerous developer's discount.
The AppStore is such a mess today, that developers needs to do promotion of their App for selling more of them.
Sometime those discounts make the App free. So you'll get a paid App for free...

TheSquad

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008
I use AppSniper

Too bad for you... you have paid for less features, lol
Plus as I see on you Location, you live in Japan, Store-Extend translate every description in your language... I don't think AppSniper does that.

fedj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009

Just take a look at the link of the features description before putting such comment.
Please read the first post or learn what the AppStore does and does not.

Regards,

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
Just take a look at the link of the features description before putting such comment.
Please read the first post or learn what the AppStore does and does not.

Regards,

You never answered this question.

Doesn't the app store have referral code for every purchase made the referrer get X% of each transaction?

If so, then you should say, "it's free and you support me for every purchase you make."

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
I understand this to be just like AppSnipper or AppShopper.com/Apptism for that matter - no referrals or anything dodgy. Just a list of new and reduced apps. Simple.

TheSquad

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008
@MadGoat :

The Application is Free, even if it does have an affiliation, it doesn't make you pay more for a discount... so why do you bother ?
The fact that a paid application is using affiliation without saying a word (like AppSniper did) is a bit more outrageous than a free App.
Every Free AppStore scraper like Store-Extend are using affiliation, how do you think they can pay the servers ?

Does it change your point of view knowing that their using affiliation ?

I understand that the developer has answered to your post saying that Store-Extend was nothing more than the regular AppStore, because it is wrong. And it is none of your business nor mine to know if they are using affiliation.

So Enjoy good free App and stop making a scene, lol !

Cheers

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
@MadGoat :

The Application is Free, even if it does have an affiliation, it doesn't make you pay more for a discount... so why do you bother ?
The fact that a paid application is using affiliation without saying a word (like AppSniper did) is a bit more outrageous than a free App.
Every Free AppStore scraper like Store-Extend are using affiliation, how do you think they can pay the servers ?

Does it change your point of view knowing that their using affiliation ?

I understand that the developer has answered to your post saying that Store-Extend was nothing more than the regular AppStore, because it is wrong. And it is none of your business nor mine to know if they are using affiliation.

So Enjoy good free App and stop making a scene, lol !

Cheers

I like transparency in applications... if it has affiliations I don't use them.

And it is our business if they are using it.

TheSquad

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008

That such a mature behaviour lol, thank you for your participation...
I really don't understand why you won't use application that use affiliation...
So you don't use any AppStore Scraper, pandora, appminer, bargainbin, appsniper, just because somehow you are too proud to be redirect by the affiliation ?

Weird.

Hey fedj : Will you please make a paid version without affiliation just for MadGoat please ? lol

fedj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009

That's right, Store-Extend uses itunes affiliate in order to pay servers.
Do you prefer to pay for an application which does not use affiliate programs than a free one which uses it ???
Affiliate programs does not charge you more (neither the developper), it just takes a part on Apple's 30%, I don't understand why you don't want to use affiliate programs.
If you don't use any application which uses affiliation programs, so you cannot use any software that allows you to save money.

fedj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
@TheSquad

Please calm down, MadGoat just wants some explainations.

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
I'd rather have the developer get referrals than to put in ads. Seriously, why the hell do you guys care if they get paid through referrals? If you're that antsy about it then find the app in the application and search the app store manually for it. Or you know be normal...

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
That's right, Store-Extend uses itunes affiliate in order to pay servers.
Do you prefer to pay for an application which does not use affiliate programs than a free one which uses it ???
Affiliate programs does not charge you more (neither the developper), it just takes a part on Apple's 30%, I don't understand why you don't want to use affiliate programs.
If you don't use any application which uses affiliation programs, so you cannot use any software that allows you to save money.

Thanks for being open and honest about that. I appreciate it.

I've never been in favour of any advertising, affiliate programs etc... It really is just so shifty when applications are developed who's sole purpose is to make money off of other people's work. People can make advertising money off of other chumps.

TheSquad

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008
Thanks for being open and honest about that. I appreciate it.

I've never been in favour of any advertising, affiliate programs etc... It really is just so shifty when applications are developed who's sole purpose is to make money off of other people's work. People can make advertising money off of other chumps.

I think most developpers are gratefull about those kind of software.
When they are doing a discount on their app, they are sure that users using this will saw it and have more chance to purchase their app, have you though of that ?
One more things, if you really don't want to buy from those that are making money on developer's work, stop purchasing on AppStore, Apple get a 30% out of them !!

@fedj : sorry but i'm not a fan of stubborn goats ;-)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.