Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
I own a 2nd gen 16gb Touch. I have just purchased an iPhone and no longer need the Touch and i'd like to sell it on ebay. I have had a BSE skin and a Neo Touch on it for the entire time I had it and it's in immaculate condition. Should I sell it with the case and the skin on or should I take it all off to take pictures and just include the Neo Touch in the package with it? I feel like that would be a waste of the BSE skin if I took it off, but people may want to have proof that there are no scratches. Also, it is currently jailbroken, but I will restore it back to default to get rid of all my information on it. Should I jailbreak it again and sell it that way or just sell it as factory settings? Obviously, I'm trying to come up with a way that would make me the most money. Any suggestions?

Pgohlke

macrumors 6502
Jan 9, 2009
Centerville, Ohio
I would keep the BSE on it because it could increase the value a little. And about jailbreaking it depends. Sometimes people who know nothing about it will pay more for the added benefit but other people would pay more for absolute pristine condition.

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC
I would keep the BSE on it because it could increase the value a little. And about jailbreaking it depends. Sometimes people who know nothing about it will pay more for the added benefit but other people would pay more for absolute pristine condition.

Thanks! I think I'm going to keep it at factory settings and put a little something in the ad saying that I'd be willing to jailbreak it before shipping it if they want me too. Maybe that way I'll get the best of both worlds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.