PDA

View Full Version : COD4, windows version

OCSpersonel
Jun 25, 2009, 06:24 PM
See, i was still happily goen about my buisness on a PC when this came out, but now im on macs. so is there any cider ports or any other way i can use my legit windows copy to play on my macbook. id prefer not re-buying what iv already bought.

TioLoco
Jul 1, 2009, 06:45 PM
use bootcamp and boot to windows, keep all your games. you'll have the best of both worlds.

OCSpersonel
Jul 1, 2009, 07:11 PM
i dont want bootcamp, i want to play it in OS X

jason221
Jul 1, 2009, 08:27 PM
i dont want bootcamp, i want to play it in OS X

Tough luck. Boot Camp is the only way to play them on your Mac without taking a massive hit to performance. Using something like Parallels or Fusion will result in the game running very slowly.

OCSpersonel
Jul 1, 2009, 09:37 PM
uhm no... iv gotten very good results form unofficial cider ports, the same used to make the sims 3 and COD4 for mac

neiltc13
Jul 2, 2009, 04:15 AM
You will get MUCH worse performance in the game running it on OS X compared to Windows no matter what you do. This is because the graphics drivers included in OS X are complete junk.

OCSpersonel
Jul 2, 2009, 11:59 AM
yah but for now im not worreid about performance, iv actually been able to test a BF2 cider for OSX, the one i got only had singleplayer but it was actually relativly good. i wouldnt mind playing it! that is, when i can find the multiplayer one

and really, COD4 has been made for OS X already, i just need to figure out how to not have to buy that version since i already spent 50 bucks on the windows version