PDA

View Full Version : Freaking Sweet.

neoelectronaut
May 26, 2004, 08:44 PM
A friend gave me a Mac Plus today. The shift key on the keyboard doesn't seem to work, but everything else is fine.

So, what exactly should I do with this thing? lol.

zulgand04
May 26, 2004, 09:55 PM
awsome find, that was my first computer that my dad found at a tag sale, its a really nice computer. i would try to find some old games and play em on it. or use it as a word processor, theres alot of programs u can find searching google.

-Neal

Gymnut
May 26, 2004, 10:00 PM
I would turn it into a fish tank, but then again, that's just me. ;)

BaDBoY
May 27, 2004, 12:27 AM
cool... but i wonder, how many of those computers are actually still functional? ive only seen one, this is the second.. but most of the people i know that have them said it died on them long agao... maybe it was "garaged"

mcadam
May 27, 2004, 11:54 AM
Great, that was my (familys) first computer to! Man, it was cool back then. Now it's just soo sweet :) I think it should still be working!?

cool... but i wonder, how many of those computers are actually still functional? ive only seen one, this is the second.. but most of the people i know that have them said it died on them long agao... maybe it was "garaged"

At least this one does:

http://aurejac.dyndns.org/index.html

vollspacken
May 28, 2004, 05:10 AM
congrats, that is a nice machine you have...

you just have to love those old compact macs :)

vSpacken

Nermal
May 28, 2004, 07:46 PM
So, what exactly should I do with this thing? lol.

Copy those HyperCard disks for me :rolleyes:

I used to love HyperCard back when we had it at school! :)

TEG
May 28, 2004, 11:02 PM
You could always turn it into a Webserver. A nice little machine, for a small website. Google "Mac Plus Webserver" for more info.

TEG

slooksterPSV
May 31, 2004, 07:50 PM
http://www.pure-mac.com has tons of old software. hope you enjoy

I have an old mac, the monitor is frikken heavy (its like 15") and the computer itself has like a 40MB HDD in it, I should sell it to science in the future lol.