Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Empr

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
I've read on the forums that you can get a full version of Logic studio for $150 from some universities. I called mine and they said that it is around 450 which is about what the discount from the online store gives.

Does anyone know how I can get this super discount? I am in Canada if that makes a difference...

dryjoy

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
Not sure

I don't know how it works in Canada, but I got mine for £115 in the UK, it's usually about £350. I got this by logging into the UK HE store from my University network (it won't let you in from home unless you get a dodgy link from somewhere) and adding it to my basket from the PC in my office.
I guess whatever price you get from the Canadian HE store (or whatever it's called there) would be the best price you could get, but if in doubt, why not give Apple Canada a call? Apple UK were very helpful and seemed to know exactly what the educational discounts are. I had to phone them after placing my order, as I bought a new mac with a 0% finance repayment plan.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
You have to be a student or a lecturer at a university or HE college in order to qulify for the HE discount.

You can only access the HE stores from your Uni's network, as Apple keep track of HE purchases to stop naughty students buying a shed load and selling them on.

You could try taking your student card to an Apple store, some of my students have gained the HE discount that way.

Be advised, the Academic version has no upgrade path, and you'll have to buy another version once 9 comes out, unlike retail purchasers who get a hefty discount on the upgrade.

Empr

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2009
Thanks for the info. I may try calling Apple, since I can't seem to get a bigger discount from my school's bookstore.

If anyone from Canada has gotten Logic studio with the big academic discount please let me know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.