PDA

View Full Version : Music Library Quiz available soon on the App Store

vettori
Jun 27, 2009, 01:05 AM
Hi,

I'm the developer of Music Library Quiz, a music game that should be available in a couple days on the App Store.

Comments are appreciated.

Here is a video demo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pMskfWq0nU) and a couple screenshots.

http://www.redbits.com/iphone/mlq/en/images/screenshot01.pnghttp://www.redbits.com/iphone/mlq/en/images/screenshot03.png

Randman
Jun 27, 2009, 01:43 AM
Release it then announce it.

FunkyMonkey
Jun 27, 2009, 02:10 AM
Another one? Really?

vettori
Jun 27, 2009, 03:12 AM
Hey guys, what about some helpful comment instead of two meaningless answers ? ;)

The app is on review since june 17th so it should be out very soon;
Yes it's another ipod music library game, I'd developed it in the past couple months should I throw it away because there are a couple already on the store ? Shouldn't developers <<try>> to put out better software for existing apps ?

tri3limited
Jun 27, 2009, 03:28 AM
Being harshly honest the graphics/theme looks average to say the least... Something a bit more clean and Apple-esq might get you further up the ladder though.

If I was you I'd go away and rethink what it is your user group needs, what are the failings of other similar apps (and how to make sure yours fixes those problems) as well as finally producing a nicely rounded product.

In my opinion there are a lot of very crap apps in the app store, most of them duplicates of other apps, and it's becoming quite cluttered.

As for "shouldn't developers try to put out better software for existing apps"... My answer is no for the large part. You should help the original developer improve by offering to help out and give them ideas, but as for simply creating a variation of a ready built product no.

vettori
Jun 27, 2009, 03:47 AM
Being harshly honest the graphics/theme looks average to say the least... Something a bit more clean and Apple-esq might get you further up the ladder though.

If I was you I'd go away and rethink what it is your user group needs, what are the failings of other similar apps (and how to make sure yours fixes those problems) as well as finally producing a nicely rounded product.

Thank you I appreciate your comment. Let me say I was thinking the graphics is very good (but it's obviously a biased opinion) at least compared to the others app available ! It's not "clean" but it's a game ! For example I like a lot all your album artwork that are used as background.

As for "shouldn't developers try to put out better software for existing apps"... My answer is no for the large part. You should help the original developer improve by offering to help out and give them ideas, but as for simply creating a variation of a ready built product no.

Well, does this means that Apple should work with Microsoft to do a better Office intested of work on its own iWork ??? :p

admanimal
Jun 27, 2009, 12:38 PM
Hey guys, what about some helpful comment instead of two meaningless answers ? ;)

The app is on review since june 17th so it should be out very soon;

Don't be too sure about that...I have a new app and an update that have been in review since June 11th and I know others have been waiting almost 30 days.

vettori
Jun 27, 2009, 12:59 PM
^^^

Wow!

The longest I waited was 37 days but it were July 2008 when there was only 400 apps :)
Recently I never waited more than 10 days...

Good luck with your new app !

mrboston987
Jun 28, 2009, 09:48 PM
I like it.

Well done.