Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnFa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
I want to get one of these but I don't know which. What are the pros and cons of both apps?

TheSquad

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008
I want to get one of these but I don't know which. What are the pros and cons of both apps?

beejive ! no hesitation !

I have tried both, the one that stay more connected to your accounts is beejive.
Plus I like better beejive's GUI, but that's a personnal taste !

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Beejive is a nice application but I still do have problems connecting (read post on spinning wheel).

MaroW

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
i like em both... though for me im+ has been more reliable when it comes to staying connected to icq and it has skype, which i use regularly... so im using im+ right now... well see what the future holds...

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2008
Beejive is a nice application but I still do have problems connecting (read post on spinning wheel).

i never have problems connecting to anything (with the exception of Facebook Chat). i am on WiFi at home, and mostly just regular EDGE everywhere else i go.

connecting to AIM, Yahoo (x2), Gtalk, and myspaceIM

wow... you mustve put alot of work in that list of pros and cons... awsome man!!!1

you're pretty quick to judge, i didn't see you put a pros/cons list either, but congrats for the +1 on your post count.

anyway - BeeJive is the winner by far here. i never experience crashing, it connects fast, and stays connected. it opens rather quickly - and if you don't use a background (which is ugly IMO) it will stay quick.

IM+ on the other hand, IMO, is a want-to-be BeeJive. The UI isn't that great, and is a little confusing to me. i also experienced crashing + slow loading/connecting times.

BeeJive is a no brainer, especially at it's lower cost. There are also a bunch of cracked .ipa's out there for the jailbreaker

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
Personally, I like BeeJive, and have had no trouble with it. Normally I use the real AIM client, and IM+ doesn't work most of the time for me.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Beejive push notifications work, and BeeJive probably is the best IM app out there, but I find the 3.0 version of it sluggish and it crashes sometimes. However, it's better than the alternatives (MobileCrap, Palringo, etc)

encircle

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2009
Does anyone know when they plan on releasing a the new version? I want to buy beejive but I know right now it's not working that well.

chrisgeleven

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2002
I am a big fan of BeeJive since I purchased it a few days ago. Push notifications have worked pretty much flawlessly and the app's is very user friendly. Just needs to fix up some crashing issues and it would be perfect.

sam3020

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
I recommend that you actually get im+. i have both but beejive has a better interface but is currently so unreliable and buggy

danb77

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2007
Do you want to use Skype chat? If yes, then IM+ is for you.

Otherwise, go with BeeJive.

Jayden0606

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Bergen County, NJ
I've always heard others choose IM+ for Twitter push notifications. This is actually awesome.

I have and use BeeJive as it's always had the best UI (ie. BlackBerry) and I find the push notification to be instantaneous. I really don't care about it being to the second (as IMs shouldn't be more important than a call or even an sms), but it's nice to have.

I do find that BeeJive has been every time I try to delete an account. I finally got it to delete, but that was after the 3rd or 4th try.

My pick would be BeeJive, but if you want push twitter notifications + skype, IM+ would be the way to go.

sirmika

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2009
im+

I got im+ after I wasted money on Beejive.
Stability is almost the same.
User interface I find is same. Both can change wallpaper, both work the sam way. Very little difference. Only couple of small details like where is button for sending the photos.
Beejive loads a bit faster on my iPhone 3G
But
Beejive does not have skype and ATM costs twice the price of IM+

Beejive is good app but deffinatly not worth 9.99

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Wait till IM+ drops to a whopping US $0.99 then go buy it :rolleyes:
then buy Beejive afterwards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.