PDA

View Full Version : Powerbook G4 1.67ghz, 17" - replace the trackpad?

steveOooo
Jun 27, 2009, 10:48 AM
i have just noticed the trackpad isnt working right, i move my finger along, adn the cursor stops - os its lost its responsiveness..

Is this a problem with the age of the trackpad or software? i suspect its a hardware problem, so, is it possible to replace the trackpad? is it very difficult?

I have only dismantled 3-4 ipod videos before, i suspect its easy to mess it up!

I just fancy 1.5k on a new mbp!

terriblyjordan
Jun 27, 2009, 10:59 AM
It will be hard just to find the track pad just by it's self. You will have to replace the top case but, try and reset pram just for the hell of it and see if that does the trick.

steveOooo
Jun 27, 2009, 11:49 AM
i think theres a software issue as it started doing it only when i connected my new nokia n97 - and opened / tried to sync with nokia multimeida sync.

The keyboard as well as the trackpad have stopped working! using the bt keyboard and mouse to type this - will do the pram reset.

It could be a issue with heat , but i think the nokia hss fooked my machine - similar thing connecting my SE K750i, although that was the black screen of death ' please hold shut down etc..'

terriblyjordan
Jun 27, 2009, 01:02 PM
i think theres a software issue as it started doing it only when i connected my new nokia n97 - and opened / tried to sync with nokia multimeida sync.

The keyboard as well as the trackpad have stopped working! using the bt keyboard and mouse to type this - will do the pram reset.

It could be a issue with heat , but i think the nokia hss fooked my machine - similar thing connecting my SE K750i, although that was the black screen of death ' please hold shut down etc..'
This sounds like a hardware issue to me. That black screen of death is called a kernel panic. You could try and do a reinstall of OS X and see if that fixes the problem.

steveOooo
Jun 28, 2009, 05:26 AM
no the black screen was from my ancient k750i
presently the pram reset seems to off solved the track pad and keyboard problem. However the internet isnt working. Am typing thiis on my nokia n97 have tried turning off router at wall. Still no joy. Are there some pref files i could delete that may solve the problem?

EDIT: internet has randomly started working on the net, fingers x the keyboard/touch pad will not fail. If it does, ill reset the pram and remove / uninstall anything nokia related... !