PDA

View Full Version : Myst

Nermal
May 28, 2004, 12:35 AM
I picked up a copy of Myst today, thinking it was a hybrid disc. It's not. Is there a patch or something that will make it Mac-compatible? I'm sure it will run fine in VPC, but I'd rather run it "natively" (ie. in Classic), if possible.

neoelectronaut
May 28, 2004, 12:39 AM
I remember seeing a "collectors edition" of Myst 1, 2, and 3 at my local (I use the term local loosely) Target, with a logo on the side of the box saying PC/Mac.

I thought about getting it...

Nermal
May 28, 2004, 01:20 AM
Well I already own 2 (got it for my birthday a few years back, it's a hybrid), and got 1 for free too, so I can't complain that it's not the Mac version :(

TEG
May 28, 2004, 08:52 AM
1) You MUST buy a Mac Version of Myst, you can't convert a PC version (Although it was created with a hacked version of Hypercard)

2) The Myst Collection CLAIMS to be Mac/PC, however that is only true for Riven and Exile, Myst is still only PC.

3) Try "Real Myst" it is a Carbonized version of Myst with updated graphics, and a few new locations, only drawback, it is on a DVD-Rom. (Only a drawback to those who only have a CD-ROM or CD-R/RW.)

4) Best place I have found to get Mac Versions of Myst, is your local Goodwill or Salvation Army Thrift store. Many parents over the years have bought the Mac Version for their children's PCs and ended up just donating them to Thrift Orgs. (That is where I got mine for $4, and saw one in Oregon for $2.50)

TEG

sethwerkheiser
May 28, 2004, 09:29 AM
I remember Myst III being a PC/Mac compatible all-in-one pack. Now that 4 is out, I'm disappointed that it doesn't ship with the two :( My wife LOVES this game.

Thinking back, I can't believe it ran on our G3 900Mhz iBook with just 128MB of RAM. Heh... Can't wait to see it with 640MB ;)

Nermal
May 28, 2004, 07:29 PM
OK, since it seems that there are no hybrids, I've requested the Mac version on BitTorrent. Don't have much hope for it though, since it's so old.

Edit: Got it :)