Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g-boac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2007
How can other users upload files to my iDisk /Public directory? Whenever anybody tries uploading a file, the file uploads, and then MobileMe asks for a password.

How do I set this up so that co-workers, friends, family members etc can upload file(s) to my /Public directory, without necessarily needing my MobileMe account password?

From Apple's MobileMe website:
Your MobileMe Public folder is ideal for sharing files with colleagues, classmates, or anyone you’re collaborating with on a project. Not only can visitors download files from your Public folder but, with your permission, they can upload files of their own. You can also password-protect your Public folder. The new iDisk app for iPhone lets you access another MobileMe member’s Public folder no matter where you are. You can save Public folders you access often, so they’re easier to find. Need to get to a Public folder but can’t recall the person’s MobileMe member name? The iDisk app finds people in your contacts with me.com email addresses.

thanks!!
Mark

Pooshka

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2008
On your Mac:

System Preferences > MobileMe > iDisk > tick 'Allow others to write files in your public folder'

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.