PDA

View Full Version : Burned movie keeps freezing..

FSUSem1noles
Jun 28, 2009, 06:10 PM
Hello, this may be a bit off-topic since it's not necessarily happening on my ATV, but I have a couple of older dvds that I've backed up, They play great on the ATV, but when I burn them to a DVD using Toast, they do play in my DVD player, but they keep freezing at various points throughout the movie..

The original dvd movies are dinged up a bit, which is why I'm wanting to burn them to newer dvds.. but I went to the original dvds to see if they froze at the same spots as the burned versions and they do not, the originals play straight through..

I'm burning them on the built in drive on my MacBook Pro using Toast Titanium 10..

Not sure if the problem is Toast, my computer or some security on the dvds themselves?? I just would have liked to have them on newer dvds..

Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

n0otro
Jul 4, 2009, 07:16 PM
Hello, this may be a bit off-topic since it's not necessarily happening on my ATV, but I have a couple of older dvds that I've backed up, They play great on the ATV, but when I burn them to a DVD using Toast, they do play in my DVD player, but they keep freezing at various points throughout the movie..

The original dvd movies are dinged up a bit, which is why I'm wanting to burn them to newer dvds.. but I went to the original dvds to see if they froze at the same spots as the burned versions and they do not, the originals play straight through..

I'm burning them on the built in drive on my MacBook Pro using Toast Titanium 10..

Not sure if the problem is Toast, my computer or some security on the dvds themselves?? I just would have liked to have them on newer dvds..

Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

I have an early 2008 15" Penryn MacBook Pro that i've had similar problems with. There was about a 8 month streak where I couldn't burn any movies to DVD without them being choppy during playback in my DVD player.

I couldn't figure out what the problem was, I took it to the apple store and they replaced the drive but still had the same problem.

I finally switched to buying only PREMIUM media & when I burn DVDs, I make sure the computer is set in a stable position so that it cannot be moved or jarred and I make sure i'm not running any CPU intensive programs at the time of burning.

Bottom line is I no longer have the problem, but I also have a complicated ritual that must be performed before I burn a disk in order to appease the DVD burning gods.