PDA

View Full Version : HP Compaq printer Drivers

operastarlet
May 28, 2004, 06:02 PM
I have a Compaq c3 1000 all-in-one printer and I would like to use it with my ibook. However, I cannot find any support for it at all. HP does not supply any drivers for mac on their website and I cannot find any anywhere else. Does anyone know of a site I can go to so I can download a driver?

operastarlet
May 28, 2004, 07:27 PM
Just got this email from Compaq...
So what am I to do now? is there nothing I can do to use my printer?

"I see that you are looking for the drivers for the C3-1000 printer that
are compatible with the Macintosh OS.

HP provides drivers and softwares only for the windows operating system.
We do not provide drivers for the Macintosh OS.

You can download the windows compatible drivers from the following URL:"

kaylee
May 28, 2004, 10:45 PM
HP is usually considered to be good for support for Mac. The HP printer we got last year (psc2100, printer-scanner-copier all in one), and both of the HP printers we had before that (one was bought 1998/99-hpdeskjet810c and the other is from around 1994/95- not sure what model), have instructions (the large poster instructions have mac on one side, and windows on the other) and software to set up the printers for Macintosh computers.

Have you tried just plugging in the printer? Maybe the iBook will be able to recognise and use it without any drivers. And I assume you have checked the printer software/instruction manual to see if it has anything relevant to Mac OS? I have looked at the HP/Compaq site, and can only find Windows 98, ME, NT, XP drivers myself. Sorry I can't be of any more help, and its a pity if Compaq doesnt support Mac, but HP does, especially seeing HP owns Compaq.

Zion Grail
May 28, 2004, 10:50 PM
Heh. This is them saying "screw you until you buy one of our PCs".

Take heart, though. Apple makes drivers for a TON of HP machines. Being that they are some of the most popular printers (they even sell them on Apple's webstie, sometimes with special deals), they have to. I'd imagine that if the printer is one of their newest models you'll see drivers for it on a further update of 10.3 or in 10.4. Failing that, try this. (www.ebay.com)