Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

girish.sj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Everytime i connect my iphone 3g on my computer.. it restarts.. help me anyone..i dunno what to do.. i have a 2.0.2 firmware by the way.. windows xp.. so yeah i'd really appreciate your help.. thanks

funrush

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2008
Everytime i connect my iphone 3g on my computer.. it restarts.. help me anyone..i dunno what to do.. i have a 2.0.2 firmware by the way.. windows xp.. so yeah i'd really appreciate your help.. thanks

Haha solution: Throw Windows dvd into the fire of hell, buy a Mac. (Just kiddin, don't call me a Windows hater. I just think it's a 'interesting' OS.)

Try different USB port, reinstall iTunes (make sure iTunesHelper is running)

Frosties

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2009
Sweden
Real advice

Some real advice

First open iTunes before you connect your iphone. If all works then this is a very common problem with itunes in windows. Go into iTunes and untick the choice for iTunes to start when you plug in your ipod or iphone. You have this option in iTunes when you have your ipod or iphone connected. Click on the iphone in the folder list in iTunes. It has been found that if you start iTunes yourself the program doesn't crash with a following reboot.

iTunes use mini-programs to know what to do when you plug in your media device and sometimes these can be corrupted and Apple is not the best programmers when it comes to iTunes and Quicktime on windows.

Last is to reinstall iTunes but that takes time and the feature to auto open iTunes is not needed so the choice to not use it is the fastest fix. These instability problems go away after a reinstall and if you wait until the next update to iTunes you have it repaired without extra work.

Sebby

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
London, UK
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Que said:
get a mac :)

Damn, you stole my line. :D

harry20larry

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008

I know and have had your problem:
ubistall all logitec drivers and software programs then try. For some reason the logitec atif hates the iPhone being a camera so it crashes the computer.
Once iPhone is working dobloa latest drivers from logitec website if you want to use your webcam

girish.sj

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Tried reinstalling itunes

uninstalled itunes and reinstalled with latest from apple site but same problem,
unplugging all USB didnt solve the problem, I dont use webcam but I have logitec mouse and keyboard, i have XP i didnt install any special drivers for key board and mouse.

I tried plugging in iphone after launching itunes, but before i could see device on itunes desktop gets restarted. i dont get any chance to change any of setttings on itunes

joshellis625

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2008
Georgia

Something is wrong with your Windows installation. Nothing on the phone or the status of the phone would cause a computer to restart itself. It sounds to me like a USB driver issue. Uninstall drivers, reinstall drivers. Sometimes I believe formatting is just easier. Windows screws up way too easily.

Take it or leave it.

John89

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2008
Scotland
Try using a different cable if possible. I found out a while ago, that if you short circuit the USB socket my computer would restart. So it could just be a faulty cable.

John

Siddhesh

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2011
PC reboot

I know and have had your problem:
ubistall all logitec drivers and software programs then try. For some reason the logitec atif hates the iPhone being a camera so it crashes the computer.
Once iPhone is working dobloa latest drivers from logitec website if you want to use your webcam

Hello dear,

I was facing same problem. By removing the Logitech camera drivers resolves the issue.

Thanks for useful advise.
Have a nice day. :cool:

Siddhesh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.