PDA

View Full Version : Palm conduit settings

hkriffraff
May 29, 2004, 12:03 AM
I had to do a hard reset on my Palm TT and performed a HotSync on my powerbook (first such backup since I switched from windows to Mac). But I get an error about conflicting conduit settings as follows:

HotSync 3.2 started 5/29/04 12:56:50 PM
A conflict in the installed conduits has been detected. This is caused when more than one conduit is using the same PIM data type (e.g., Address Book vs. Contacts). To allow synchronization to proceed, use the Conduit Settings dialog to turn off the extra conduits for this user, or drag the extra conduits to the Disabled Conduits folder.
The following conduits are in conflict:
Address Book
iSync Conduit
iSync Conduit
Date Book
iSync Conduit
To Do List
Conduit Conflict Notifier halted the HotSync operation during the <Sync OK> notification.
HotSync Canceled 5/29/04 12:57:04 PM

I don't see any multiple entries in my conduit settings. Why is this happening and which are the "extra" conduits I'm supposed to disable?

hkriffraff
May 29, 2004, 01:12 AM
Ugh... after another Hotsync, it seemingly went ahead but then was interrupted with something about a localization error. So then I did another hard reset, trashed Palm Desktop and all palm-related apps on my Powerbook, downloaded & installed the latest Palm Desktop and and hoped to start with a totally clean slate.

But after the first Hotsync, I start getting errors again! What do I do to get to a clean slate? I don't even care about restoring my data or apps anymore.

HotSync 3.2 started 5/29/04 2:05:48 PM
Local Synchronization
OK Install
iSync Conduit starting 5/29/04 2:05:49 PM
User tungsten not configured for any iSync data classes 5/29/04 2:05:49 PM
OK iSync Conduit
OK Voice Memo
OK To Do List
Tasks did nothing
Media did nothing
OK PhotoBase
OK Note Pad
Memos did nothing
OK Memo Pad
Documents To Go Message(s)
Error accessing Documents To Go user information.
You must first open the Documents To Go desktop application, select the appropriate Palm user, and synchronize again.

Error accessing Documents To Go database
Documents To Go synchronization failed
“Documents To Go” failed (error = #-2145321003)
OK Date Book
Contacts did nothing
Calendar did nothing
AppleMail 0.5.0
Mac OS X SysSccript (0)
idx=(1) versaMailAccountNo=(1)
open error(400F)
AppleMail synchronization failed
“AppleMail” failed (error = #16399)
OK Address Book
OK Install
Backed up Bluetooth Trusted Devices.pdb
Backed up Saved Preferences.prc
OK Backup
Last sync time and PC ID updated on handheld
HotSync Complete 5/29/04 2:05:55 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------