Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gherkin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2004
Well I finally made my order. After around a year of research and months of saving up, I FINALLY ordered my 15" Powerbook. Gosh it feels good.

Anyways, I have a question about the estimated shipping date. That is the date they expect to send it out, right? Or is it the date they expect me to receive it?

My estimated date right now is on or before 6/8/04. My birthday is on 6/7. I'm tempted now to call Apple and upgrade to the next day shipping option. From everyone's experience, does Apple usually ship it before the estimated date? Can anyone who made a recent order with the standard shipping tell me exactly how long it took from the day you placed your order (would have to be a BTO).

Thanks for any info.

invaLPsion

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2004
The Northlands
Gherkin said:
Well I finally made my order. After around a year of research and months of saving up, I FINALLY ordered my 15" Powerbook. Gosh it feels good.

Anyways, I have a question about the estimated shipping date. That is the date they expect to send it out, right? Or is it the date they expect me to receive it?

My estimated date right now is on or before 6/8/04. My birthday is on 6/7. I'm tempted now to call Apple and upgrade to the next day shipping option. From everyone's experience, does Apple usually ship it before the estimated date? Can anyone who made a recent order with the standard shipping tell me exactly how long it took from the day you placed your order (would have to be a BTO).

Thanks for any info.

In my own experience. My powerbook was shipped 3 days before the estimated ship. This is the the usual for Apple I believe. :)

You'll probably get it by your birthday. ;)

stevehaslip

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2004
The Ocean Floor
i live in the uk, but ditto. i got my powerbook 2 days before the estimated dispatch date! it took 48 hours once it left cupertino or wherever it was that it left to get to me. how much more is the next day delivery? is it worth it?

invaLPsion

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2004
The Northlands
stevehaslip said:
i live in the uk, but ditto. i got my powerbook 2 days before the estimated dispatch date! it took 48 hours once it left cupertino or wherever it was that it left to get to me. how much more is the next day delivery? is it worth it?

I chose the 2 day and it is a way better value. FedEX delivered it one day early, too. :)

Steven1621

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2003
Connecticut
fedex was a day early for my order, which was rather kind of them.

congrats on the purchase. as the owner of the same computer as you, you are in for a treat and a great computing expirence.

James L

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
The shipping date is the date it leaves the factory (all mine have shipped form Shanghai).... THEN you start the actual shipping / delivery time. Some people think if they pay for 2 day shipping they are going to get it in 2 days, which isn't the case. It would be 2 days AFTER it leaves the factory!

All of mine took about 1 week from order to arrival, but I have been lucky too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.