Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pokernut

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Does anyone know of a free program that can take photos off my touch and transfer them back to my mac? I've been searching around for a while now and only found programs I have to pay for.

Just wanted to check on here before I paid for one of them.

Thanks in advance.

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
By pictures, do you mean pictures saved to the Photos application from your email or the screenshots taken with the home+sleep/wake buttons simultaneously? iPhoto can pull pictures of that type over, but anything that was synced over to the iPod through iTunes can only be pulled off with shareware available online, because content syncing is for the most part uni-directional, from the computer to the mobile device. The exceptions of course being purchased music/videos/apps from the iTunes store, contacts/calendars, etc.

Pokernut

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2009
Sorry I think I worded it wrong.

I have photos on my Ipod Touch that have been lost on my Mac. (Kind of a long story but I had the photos backed to an external hd which ended up crashing)

The photos are still on my Ipod touch, so I'm looking for a program to transfer the photos back to my Mac.

al1cre

macrumors member
May 31, 2008
Sorry I think I worded it wrong.

I have photos on my Ipod Touch that have been lost on my Mac. (Kind of a long story but I had the photos backed to an external hd which ended up crashing)

The photos are still on my Ipod touch, so I'm looking for a program to transfer the photos back to my Mac.

Mail?

Jani-Appleseed

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2009
I think I know what you mean, senuti (itunes spelled backwards :p) can do this (for free) and also it can transfer videos and music. I think thats the proggrame you need :D

spillproof

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2009
USA
I am on a Mac Mini using OS 10.6.8 and maybe I am just dense but i am not seeing a way to move the images from the iPod to the mini with the use of the IPhoto. If I could see a way maybe I could do more of my own photography.

Any thoughts?

Woah, time travel! :)

When you plug in your iPod, then open iPhoto, your iPod should appear under the Devices section. If the view does not change to show the photos on your iPod, click on your iPod's name. The "import" options appear near the bottom of the window

Sometimes, Snow Leopard's iPhoto doesn't detect a device so you may have to quit and reopen the app a few times until your iPod appears under the Devices section.

You can also use programs such as iExplorer to view an download anything from iOS devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.