Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bessopal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
I have the white MacBook, I've had it about 2 years now. I was wondering if maybe I have too much on my hard drive and that is why my most commonly used applications have suddenly begun to close mid-use. I've never had this problem before and have recently uploaded quite a bit of music/photos to my MacBook, so it seems to be the only logical explanation for it? Or, I don't think I could've gotten a virus because 1. I'm very cautious about the files I download and 2. I don't think Macs are susceptible to most viruses. I could be wrong, though.

Nonetheless, does anyone know of any solution for this?

Kyeris

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2008
Somewhere in Texas
Repair disk permissions would probably be your best bet.
(Disk utility -> Click on your hard drive on the left -> verify/repair disk permissions button)

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
If repairing permissions doesn't work, you're probably looking at a re-install of some sort. To be honest, whenever this happens and it's not RAM causing it, I have yet to determine the problem and how to fix it. I'm willing to bet, the same would happen if you create a new user and run the application in there as well?

bessopal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2009
Tried the verify/repair disk permissions and it said "Error: No valid packages" Not sure what that means, but I'm going to attempt to create a new user and see if that works at all.

If it doesn't, I have to stop by Easton anyways so should I drop by the Mac store and get it checked out?

mathcolo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2008
Boston
Tried the verify/repair disk permissions and it said "Error: No valid packages" Not sure what that means, but I'm going to attempt to create a new user and see if that works at all.

If it doesn't, I have to stop by Easton anyways so should I drop by the Mac store and get it checked out?

You might as well, Apple Geniuses will likely diagnose the problem much quicker and more accurately than we can here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.