PDA

View Full Version : COD2 Multiplayer

AppleThis&That
Jun 29, 2009, 11:27 PM
I'm new to this multiplayer stuff but since COD2 is old, does anyone play on the network anymore? How do you set it up as well? I suppose I could read the manual. :rolleyes:

jason221
Jun 30, 2009, 01:58 AM
Yes, people still play multiplayer. I assume you've already installed COD2, so all you have to do is launch the COD2 Multiplayer application and join a server. Here's a tip: try to find a server to play in that has both low ping (below 100 at least, the lower the better) and no mods. There's a "Filter Servers" option that you can click that will disable servers with mods from showing up in the server list. Modded servers can be fun, but if there are a lot of custom maps on the server that you're attempting to connect to, you'll have to download them before you can play on that server. Since downloading files through COD2 goes at the rate of about 12 KB/s, it'll take awhile even to download a 5 MB file.

Hope this helped... PM me if you have any other questions. I've been playing this game for Mac since 2007. I could even make a video demonstrating how to get started if you want.

AppleThis&That
Jun 30, 2009, 10:17 PM
Yes, people still play multiplayer. I assume you've already installed COD2, so all you have to do is launch the COD2 Multiplayer application and join a server. Here's a tip: try to find a server to play in that has both low ping (below 100 at least, the lower the better) and no mods. There's a "Filter Servers" option that you can click that will disable servers with mods from showing up in the server list. Modded servers can be fun, but if there are a lot of custom maps on the server that you're attempting to connect to, you'll have to download them before you can play on that server. Since downloading files through COD2 goes at the rate of about 12 KB/s, it'll take awhile even to download a 5 MB file.

Hope this helped... PM me if you have any other questions. I've been playing this game for Mac since 2007. I could even make a video demonstrating how to get started if you want.Thanks man for the advice. Appreciate it.

When I join a server in the game, there are no listings. Do I need to do some special settings to my internet access? Like I said, I'm new to multiplayer.

jason221
Jul 1, 2009, 02:34 AM
Wait, is it even possible to PM on these forums? I'm new here myself haha. As for no servers showing up.. At the top of the menu when you're in the server list, there should be a "Source: Internet" or something similar. If you click on the word Internet, it will switch to "Local," and if you click on it again, it will switch to "Favorites." You want it to be on "Internet," obviously. Below this "Source: Internet" should be something like "Connection: Cable/DSL." If you click on it, it will switch to "ISDN." You want it to stay on "Cable/DSL." In addition, click on "Refresh List" on the top right corner of the menu if you haven't already.

Sorry if these instructions are a little vague; I'm currently on a laptop with no access to COD2 so I can't remember everything specifically.

RiotGaming
Jul 9, 2009, 04:47 AM
Guys I have a serious problem with COD2. Just got the game and some random multiplayer server requires me to enable punk buster in multiplayer options but I couldn't find it. Please help.