PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with PowerBook G4 12" May End Up Out The Window

Sawtooth811
Jun 30, 2009, 12:55 AM
Hi, I have a 1.5GHz 12" PowerBook G4. It is giving me a lot of trouble. It keeps falling asleep every time after it finish booting. Can someone PLEASE HELP?!? This thing is about to end up out the ********** window in a two seconds!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Dave H
Jun 30, 2009, 01:28 AM
I found this on a web search.
http://blog.smalldog.com/article/375/powerbooks-that-boot-into-sleep-mode/

Sawtooth811
Jul 6, 2009, 09:31 PM
The PowerBook was working PERFECTLY fine five days ago:D, and then about three days ago, I was running in single-user mode, the computer froze:confused:. I restarted--no boot chime, just loud fans and the Superdrive spinning. Same thing every time I've turned on and off the computer, or restarted. Then I've given it a rest for two days, and now It wouldn't do a d*mn thing, no fans, NOTHING. I thought it was something wrong with the DC battery board, but when I plugged in the power adapter, it charged the battery like nothing bad happened to it, but it still refused to boot!:mad: I believe there's still some life in it though, because I tried resetting the PMU, and the green light appeared on the charger, and about two seconds after I released, the amber light indicating the charge returned. It may just be a motherboard issue. Any help?:(

Sawtooth811
Jul 6, 2009, 10:00 PM
ANY HELP?!?:confused::confused::confused:

-tWv-
Jul 6, 2009, 11:04 PM
maybe try doing the apple hardware test with the install disc? Im really not sure what to tell you

Sawtooth811
Jul 8, 2009, 01:05 PM
maybe try doing the apple hardware test with the install disc? Im really not sure what to tell you

I said it wouldn't boot. I just purchased two motherboards, so I'm OK now. This thread has been solved.:)