Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Hi All
I have problem with interface builder. so
environment: mac os 10.5.6 .sdk 2.2.
I create new empty project select the project type (iPhone OS->application) then select view based application build project and everything is good
But when I try open my window.xib file (double click on this file) a get error for my interface builder it cant start and open this file.
What`s wrong ?
How I can solve this problem
Thanks

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Can you start Interface Builder on its own? It's usually found in /Developer/Applications. If not, and you get the same error, you may need to reinstall the SDK. What is the error you are getting, by the way?

knut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Can you start Interface Builder on its own? It's usually found in /Developer/Applications. If not, and you get the same error, you may need to reinstall the SDK. What is the error you are getting, by the way?

Hi
No I can not start form application folder too.
I got such error message.
The application Interface Builder quite unexpecdly
Mac OS X and other application
Process:Interface Builder
Version 3.1.2

Exeption type EXC_BAD_ACCESS(SIGBUS)
EXEC CODE:KERN_PROTECTEDFAILUAR

i have one more question
i must uninstall and install again or i can reinstall without uninstalling
Thanks

knut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
To be safe, it's best to uninstall first. Also, you might want to consider redownloading the SDK, since yours may have been corrupted.
thanks I will try
one more question too
how can you explain me how can I uninstall the sdk i am a beginner in mac can you explain what i must do
I read the manual for uninstall sdk and found such string "sudo /Developer/Library/uninstall-devtools --mode=all" how I can run this line?
I have iphone_sdk_for_iphone_os_2.1__final which version you are recommended for installation?
Thanks

EssentialParado

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2005
that's the correct string to uninstall it. You need to open Terminal (type "Terminal" into spotlight) and then you should just be able to paste that line and hit enter and it'll ask for your password, then the rest should be automatic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.