PDA

View Full Version : Multiple versions of cd's online via itunes...

pachyderm
Jun 30, 2009, 11:45 AM
I just imported U2/Joshua Tree into iTunes and it told me that there were two versions found online then it asked me which one did I want to import. There was no way to tell the difference so I chose the first one on the list. As it is importing I notice that the first five or six song titles listed are in English then the other half of the cd is in.... well I have no idea.

Example:
6.Ooo Csak Veled Lennek...

It is actually "Red Hill Mining Town"

The sound is fine but I wondered is there anyway to re-import and use the second selection or should I just go in and enter the song titles manually?

sorry if this is in the wrong forum. i did complete a search and found nothing that i thought useful.

pachyderm
Jul 1, 2009, 06:44 AM
Nothing?

mscriv
Jul 1, 2009, 07:50 AM
You should be able to delete and import again if you want to try the second one. I'm not for sure, but I assume iTunes is set by default to use the CDDB online database like most other music programs. There are a variety of tagging or searching programs you can download that are designed to search out and fix errors or gaps in the ID3 music tags.

How's Smyrna? I was born and raised in Nashville. Good to see some fellow Tennesseans on here. :)

pachyderm
Jul 1, 2009, 08:01 AM
You should be able to delete and import again if you want to try the second one. I'm not for sure, but I assume iTunes is set by default to use the CDDB online database like most other music programs. There are a variety of tagging or searching programs you can download that are designed to search out and fix errors or gaps in the ID3 music tags.

How's Smyrna? I was born and raised in Nashville. Good to see some fellow Tennesseans on here. :)

Yeah, I tried that and it imported the same version. I just went in and added the names in English. lol. I'm assuming once I chose a version it automatically uses that one over and over. Oh well. Thanks for the reply.

Were good in Smyrna. Where did you go to school? I went to Ezzell - Harding ('82) and then David Lipscomb U.

mscriv
Jul 1, 2009, 08:16 AM
Brentwood Academy and then to Union University in Jackson for college. My parents have been in the same house for almost 35 years in the Crieve Hall area right between Brentwood and downtown Nashville. We're only able to get home about once or twice a year to see the family, but I dearly love the Nashville area.

pachyderm
Jul 1, 2009, 02:58 PM
Brentwood Academy and then to Union University in Jackson for college. My parents have been in the same house for almost 35 years in the Crieve Hall area right between Brentwood and downtown Nashville. We're only able to get home about once or twice a year to see the family, but I dearly love the Nashville area.

Cool. You know we're on her with a bunch of Englishmen.... right?
We yanks(especially us hillbilly ones) gotta stick together. lol.