PDA

View Full Version : Anyone micd a leslie before?

mikes70mustang
Jun 30, 2009, 06:51 PM
I have a leslie that need boxed an micd. Problem is the set up has no xlr or 1/4 hook ups. So, how does one go about micing a leslie? I would stick it in a heavily insulated box and mic it but im concerned about the air flow and the function of it. Its just that the player keeps this thing way too loud and i would like to have control of the sound through the board. Also, if your by the leslie while its going it drowns out most of the other music, so boxing this sucker would be nice. I thought id throw this out there in the chance some one has come across this problem.

zimv20
Jun 30, 2009, 08:05 PM
are you talking live sound reinforcement, recording, or both?

mikes70mustang
Jun 30, 2009, 08:36 PM
are you talking live sound reinforcement, recording, or both?

Both, technically, no sound needs to get out, since all musicians have aviom in ears. I would like to stick it in the corner out of sight, and be able to mix it in.

noisegeek
Jul 4, 2009, 11:25 AM
If for live, stick it as far away fromt eh stage as you can :-P, boxing it really isnt an option, unless you leave enough movement for the air etc, but it will effect the sound

mikes70mustang
Jul 4, 2009, 11:50 PM
If for live, stick it as far away fromt eh stage as you can :-P, boxing it really isnt an option, unless you leave enough movement for the air etc, but it will effect the sound

Yah, thats what i was afraid of, im just tired of the player blasting everyone out.

pkoch1
Jul 5, 2009, 12:13 PM
Yah, thats what i was afraid of, im just tired of the player blasting everyone out.

Just tell the organ ( or guitar or whatever) player to turn down. ;)

bartelby
Jul 5, 2009, 12:15 PM

If it's a Hammond B3 running through the Leslie then the rest of the band should just not bother playing. The B3/Leslie combo is the greatest sounding instrument ever!

mikes70mustang
Jul 6, 2009, 09:51 PM

Well since its not micd they cant hear it over the monitors or in the aviom. So its just a bad situation. Probably just sell it and get one with outputs.

mikes70mustang
Jul 6, 2009, 09:52 PM
If it's a Hammond B3 running through the Leslie then the rest of the band should just not bother playing. The B3/Leslie combo is the greatest sounding instrument ever!

I dont remember what kind it is but it has fantastic sound. Too bad i cant box it up with out messing up the air flow and all that stuff.