Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ronike123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
I recently brought a ipod touch. I have a loaded itunes on my windows xp pro. I installed a usb card onto my hp netserver (p3). It had been working (although lauching itunes was sometimes a problem) until recently. My ipod nano and classic still are reconized by my pc but the ipod touch isn't. Help

wywern209

macrumors 65832
Sep 7, 2008
do you rly want to know?
mkae sure you have itunes 8.2 loaded on, otherwise, it might not work. Also, did you say that you installed a new usb card? What does that mean? did u install more ports, get a USB hub or something. need more info.

ronike123

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
No my machine didn't have any usb ports. i installed a usb pci card. and I did downlaod the 8.2 version

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
When connected through the USB port, check the hardware profiler by right-clicking on My Computer, then to Properties, to the Hardware tab, then clicking on Device Manager. Does the iPod touch appear there? If it does not, have you considered repairing the Apple Mobile Device Support software? From Add/Remove Programs, select AMDS, click Change, then Repair. For further troubleshooting steps, read over this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.