Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I received my Vaja Red and Black Limited Edition case yesterday. It looks really nice, Vaja uses great leather. Other than that, it's sized poorly. The sizing on the bottom makes the flap a chore to get back on, the leather on the inside isn't flush with the metal like it's supposed to be, I struggled to get my iPhone 3GS in, and after I've tried numerous times, it seems my iPhone 3GS is stuck inside of the case. I need to get my iPhone 3GS out of the case to get a replacement on Thursday, so that could be a problem. If I really wanted to nitpick, there's a spot of dried-up glue on the back and on the latch. That's my experience with Vaja so far. If I can get a properly sized case, it could be a great case. I've contacted them, but I ordered the case http://www.handhelditems.com rather than Vaja. Despite that, the case was shipped directly from Vaja, so I hope they don't give me a hard time.

nezff

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
you could have saved alot of money and ordered the SGP Illuzion case which is real leather and handmade also. It has better protection compared to the vaja. there are some reviews on youtube.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I really preferred the look of the Vaja. After trying for a while, I was able to pull both sides of the leather outwards, and my iPhone popped out. The case is still poorly-sized. The quality of the leather is really great, and I've owned a few genuine leather cases over the last few years, this is definitely up there for quality.

Ben C.

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2009
New England
I just got mine and it fit like a freakin' glove. No struggling, the little curved lip locks in firmly yet easily, no glue marks or other defects. Absolutely sweet. Lower profile than I expected, and the lip around the edge of the screen is completely even on both sides and only a hair (easily less than 1mm) above being flush with the screen.

Although, it is an all black iVolution Top (I like simple and non-flashy), so perhaps since it was 'made to order' there may have been better quality control than there is with the 'in stock' models like the Ltd. Edition case.

smarter

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2007
The Netherlands
you could have saved alot of money and ordered the SGP Illuzion case which is real leather and handmade also. It has better protection compared to the vaja. there are some reviews on youtube.

Thanks, nezff

I ordered a SGP Illuzion Ergo Black right away. It has better protection than the Vaja and It's 1/3rd of the price of the Vaja (incl. shipping to The Netherlands, Vaja charges $ 27 for that!).

I really hope the SGP case is well made.

iphone3g_illuzion_ergo_black_photo_contents.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.