Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KiNg MaCkeRaL

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
I'm new to the forum, so please be easy on me.

I just bought a new Touch. Yes, I finally became an Apple addict after 15 years. I love it so far, but earlier I looked up info on initial charge. I found something that disturbed me.

I was told that the Touch is free of moving parts. I'm not a pro at hardware and I'm certainly not a pro with apple. I read that the HD spins to fill cache and my dream suddenly crashed. I live a chaotic life for a 27 year old. I skate, fish HARD, and play table tennis like a MADMAN. The whole reason that I bought this thing was to replace my Rio Karma.(Ive had it for about 8 years and it still works great, however I could feel something moving in there and I retired it to my dock)

Does this player have moving parts or not? I was told that the Nand Flash was why it didn't have moving parts, which was better for durability. After reading this... I am not sure if I should bring my Touch back or not...(11th line up from the bottom) Please help me as I will admit that I am not tecnologically inclined.

Thanks everyone,
B.C.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.