PDA

View Full Version : Problem with new LG Drive in G5 2.0Ghz

soundbase
Jul 1, 2009, 08:47 AM
I am having a problem with a new LG Drive I have installed in my G5 2.0Ghz

When I insert a DVD, it comes up as an untitled CD, even though it is a DVD. And when it burns, it fails after 700MB.

Here are the details on the drive:

HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH22NP20:

Firmware Revision: 1.02
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Unsupported)
Profile Path: None
Cache: 2048 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
DVD-Write: -R, -RAM, -RW, +R, +RW, +R DL
Burn Underrun Protection CD: Yes
Burn Underrun Protection DVD: Yes
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
Media: No

I have tried Liquid CD, but when it asks me to insert a black disc, I insert a blank DVD, and then it just says waiting for drive, and never gets anywhere.

I have also tried another disk, but no luck.

Can anyone help. Is there something I am missing. Is it a problem with the OS or the drive?

It is happening on another G5 of mine with the same new LG drive. So it is not just that LG drive

Timmahman
Jul 2, 2009, 08:02 PM
Maybe the drive isent compatible with OSX?
Id try using them on a PC and see if they work under windows, then you can narrow it down to a compatibility issue and not a hardware issue.

soundbase
Jul 5, 2009, 11:24 AM
I have tried different discs. Still no Luck. I have an HD with Tiger installed and an HD with Leopard installed. With leopard the Blank DVD comes up as an Untitled DVD. But when I try burn a disc it says it need e.g 2444MB to burn, and then you cannot burn the DVD. IF I use Liquid CD on leopard it picks up the blank disc, but when I try burn is also says it need a certain amount of space even though the data I have chosen to burn is less than 4GB.

With the Tiger install it comes up as Untitled CD when I insert a DVD, I tried Patchburn for Tiger, but that does still not resolve it.

Eventually I installed Toast, and that seemed to solve the problem. But is there any way to get it to burn natively on Tiger and Leopard?