PDA

View Full Version : finance app for interest?

phoenix32
Jul 1, 2009, 02:10 PM
I'm looking for a finance app that will let me manage my kids' allowances and I'm not finding exactly what I'm looking for. Lots of apps let you set up an account and set automatic deposits, but I want something that will also allow interest to be compounded on the account (my kids earn money for saving their money - they get the very high rate of 4% compounded weekly on their very piddly weekly allowance). There are apps that will calculate interest - they're intended mostly for personal loans or for comparing interest rates for mortgages or the like but I couldn't tell if anything could be turned to my purposes. I know this is probably a pretty strange thing, but I feel like it's out there. Anyone know of anything that will do this?

Thanks!

bmms8
Jul 1, 2009, 03:02 PM
I'm looking for a finance app that will let me manage my kids' allowances and I'm not finding exactly what I'm looking for. Lots of apps let you set up an account and set automatic deposits, but I want something that will also allow interest to be compounded on the account (my kids earn money for saving their money - they get the very high rate of 4% compounded weekly on their very piddly weekly allowance). There are apps that will calculate interest - they're intended mostly for personal loans or for comparing interest rates for mortgages or the like but I couldn't tell if anything could be turned to my purposes. I know this is probably a pretty strange thing, but I feel like it's out there. Anyone know of anything that will do this?

Thanks!

try mint.com. that might work.