Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipodjunkie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
Okay, So the title pretty much speaks for itself.
I'm so stupid, that when I was doing laundry, I forgot my Ipod :apple: Nano 3rd Generation, in my jacket pocket. :mad:The ipod remained in my pocket, for a few hours. when i finally noticed it was in there, all the water had been dried up. There were detergent marks, inside of the screen, and when i hooked it up to the computer, it began to synchronize. I waited for it to stop syncing, and start charging, but that didn't happen. It kept syncing, and then a day later, it let out, and now whenever I click any button, nothing appears on the screen. even when i hook it up to the computer. Help? Thanks in advance!:)

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
If any iPod has gone through the wash, the best thing is to just let it dry out. Don't turn it on, don't do anything to it.

bli625

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2009
Okay, So the title pretty much speaks for itself.
I'm so stupid, that when I was doing laundry, I forgot my Ipod :apple: Nano 3rd Generation, in my jacket pocket. :mad:The ipod remained in my pocket, for a few hours. when i finally noticed it was in there, all the water had been dried up. There were detergent marks, inside of the screen, and when i hooked it up to the computer, it began to synchronize. I waited for it to stop syncing, and start charging, but that didn't happen. It kept syncing, and then a day later, it let out, and now whenever I click any button, nothing appears on the screen. even when i hook it up to the computer. Help? Thanks in advance!:)

Ah! You shouldn't have plugged started syncing it.. Well... try letting it dry out for a few days.. If that doesn't work, it's most likely dead.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Ah! You shouldn't have plugged started syncing it.. Well... try letting it dry out for a few days.. If that doesn't work, it's most likely dead.

Essentially, that's my advice, too. Leave it to dry out for a few days without turning it on; if it works, fine, it has dried out. If not, I'm afraid you must resign yourself to replacing it.

Cheers and good luck

jb1280

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2009
I've accidentally put my iPod shuffle through the wash 3 times now, and after letting it dry out for a few days, it has miraculously kept on ticking. It now has a permanent location in a jacket. Let it dry out and good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.