PDA

View Full Version : Call of duty cheat codes

DavidCL23
May 31, 2004, 12:46 PM
How can i get the pc cheats to work on my mac version, I accidenetly saved the game in a spot where i die 20 sec after. I need a cheat code!!!
Thanks in advanced.

yellow
May 31, 2004, 01:50 PM
Hold down shift when starting up the game. Type in:

+set thereisacow 1337 +set sv_cheats 1 +set monkeytoy 0

Then click ok and the game starts as normal. If it doesn't work the first time, quit the game and try it again. It'll work the second time. Then in the game, open the console (using ~) and type in the cheat you want. Some of the better cheats are:
god
give health

I'd avoid the "give amm/give all" cheats as they consistantly crashed the game (it had troubles loading grenade code).

Thorzdad
Jul 2, 2004, 10:54 PM
Yellow,
I find myself in the same situation as David. Holding down the shift key as the game starts does nothing. Alternately, typing in the codes in the console just gives me a "+set not a recognized command"

What am I doing wrong here? I'm getting tired of dying in this Stalingrad bathroom. :D

Thanks,
jim

James L
Jul 2, 2004, 11:46 PM
How can i get the pc cheats to work on my mac version, I accidenetly saved the game in a spot where i die 20 sec after. I need a cheat code!!!
Thanks in advanced.

Call of duty has dozens of saved locations, doesn't it? Just select load and backtrack a bit to a saved point that works for you!

abhishekit
Jul 3, 2004, 01:11 AM
Thanks in advanced.
Sorry dont know cheat codes.
But 20 sec is too much time!! today I saved, where I was getting shot in 1 second. Finally after many reloads, I managed to duck and get away :cool:
And enemies dont always behave in same way. So you may get lucky if you try many times.

cheers

Veldek
Jul 3, 2004, 05:26 AM
Ok, here you are:

http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=213678&perpage=50&pagenumber=2#post2009758

psmithc
Jul 4, 2004, 02:52 PM
instead of +set ... type "seta cheats 1" or whatever it is your supposed to type.

do not type +set. instead type seta. press tab and then enter. you might not have to really press tab, but i do. it's required in quake 3. i do it moh. since people are giving the same console commands for cod, i'm guessing this should also work.

Coolvirus007
Jul 4, 2004, 05:44 PM
+set thereisacow 1337 +set developer 1 +set sv_cheats 1 +set monkeytoy 0 does work. I just tried it on my call of duty. One thing that was written wrong is that you press shift before opening the app. and also enable console in the options menu.

Balthamos
Jul 5, 2004, 12:25 AM
thanks, that little trick now lets me get weapons that i normally couldnt get. only bad thing is that i have to put it in every single time i want to play. i know there is an easier way to do this. i have tried but came out unsuccessful. maybe one of you guys could figure it out. here is a great website to help you . that link takes you to Console Commands (http://www.boodizm.net/cod/scripting.asp#set). that is how to script it but in the site are console commands as well. somebody please make it easier to cheat :) (not that im a cheater or anything. i have beaten the game in vet many times over, lookin for some fun ;) )

~Balthamos

Ninja_Turtle
Jul 5, 2004, 03:11 AM
Thanks in advanced.

go to the console and type

/ilovetoparty sfg 32

haha see what happens...

yellow
Jul 6, 2004, 09:28 AM
+set developer 1 Not necessary though.

yellow
Jul 6, 2004, 09:29 AM
Yellow,
I find myself in the same situation as David. Holding down the shift key as the game starts does nothing. Alternately, typing in the codes in the console just gives me a "+set not a recognized command" Shift should be held down as you DOUBLE CLICK the game.

macnemo
Sep 8, 2004, 06:48 AM
Funny i cant get it to work? Y?

Lord Blackadder
Sep 8, 2004, 09:20 AM
Dang, I could've used those last night.

I was on my brother's powerbook, on the Russian mission where you have to defend the building with the antitank rifles. It saved in a bad spot. Every time I spawned I had 1 second to duck,then run to the right while shooting a soldier, strafe left to kill another, then run because a grenade got tossed into the room, and escape up a flight of stairs while being shot at, all with extremely low health. Then came the hard part - surviving long enough to find health. I spawned 52 times before I got through (yeah, I counted). But I did it. I was too stubborn to load an earlier save.