Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
I need to revise this logo (attached) for a client to have different initials on it. In order to do this, I'm going to need to know what coin they are using in the graphic. I've searched all over Google Images and I just cannot seem to figure it out. Is it a photograph or a fictional coin? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

Attachments

• coin.png
    coin.png
    120.5 KB · Views: 93

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
I'm a photoshop noob but... here is what I would do.

Recolor most of the center that you can. Do a layer via copy for the coin. Flip the layer horizontally and position it so it lines up with the old coin. Put a pure black mask on the layer. Color the mask white to get the leafing to show through where you can. Then you'll need to tidy up the parts that wouldn't flip (near the bottom mostly).

Then you should have a template coin! Maybe.

Edit: Here is about as far as I can go before I mess it up too much.

Attachments

• almost clear.psd
    460.1 KB · Views: 85

SwiftLives

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2001
Charleston, SC
Check out some of the stock photography websites. I recommend istockphoto.com, as they have a large selection and very reasonable prices.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
I managed to do this so far. It turned out better than I expected.

Attachments

• logo_revision_01.png
    logo_revision_01.png
    342.4 KB · Views: 77

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ
The beveling leads me to believe that it is actually a plate instead of a coin. It just doesn't give the impression of being a coin to me.

darnovo

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2009
I need to revise this logo (attached) for a client to have different initials on it. In order to do this, I'm going to need to know what coin they are using in the graphic. I've searched all over Google Images and I just cannot seem to figure it out. Is it a photograph or a fictional coin? Any help is appreciated!

Thanks.

That is the medal given out at the AVN awards for the girl with the best double penetration scene... hence the DP on the medal...

p.s. ~ i have no idea what im talking about

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ
That is the medal given out at the AVN awards for the girl with the best double penetration scene... hence the DP on the medal...

p.s. ~ i have no idea what im talking about

I knew it wasn't a coin! I just didn't know exactly what it was.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Considering this kid tried to make something from the ground up and was bent over repeatedly by a bunch of egotistical "designers" ... yeah me too.

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ
Considering this kid tried to make something from the ground up and was bent over repeatedly by a bunch of egotistical "designers" ... yeah me too.

Oh the irony: try to do something legitimately and you're bashed. Attempt to rip-off preexisting work and everything's dandy.

I love the way that people on MR operate.

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
Oh the irony: try to do something legitimately and you're bashed. Attempt to rip-off preexisting work and everything's dandy.

I suggested finding something on iStockPhoto (which is legal and you pay for it) while using one of the tutorials to get the effect.

No where did I say shop'n'chop others' hard work...

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
Stealing someone else's logo to use it as your own? I'm surprised people are helping you.

The original logo is already theirs. They have since changed their company name, hence the different initials. The designers on this forum tend to throw assumptions around way too quickly. But anyway, thanks for the help!

Please don't assume you know everything. The original logo belongs to them. I am simply revising it for them. I would never steal work and call it my won. What is it with people on this forum lately? You need to slow down and stop making assumptions all the time. Really, it's a turnoff to people seeking help here.

MagicWok

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2006
London
You're almost there. Keep playing around with the font size and colour.

Make the 'B' slightly bigger, and try maybe desaturating the colours just ever so slightly.

Also try playing around witht he positioning, in your original, the two letters almost look like they're set too low.

DesignerOnMac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
I managed to do this so far. It turned out better than I expected.

This is not a coin, but a standard ribbon w/medallion at the bottom, stylized for the logo.

I think your almost there, except the color is a little off and not centered in the middle.

Hope this helps.

lag1090

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2007
NJ
The original logo is already theirs. They have since changed their company name, hence the different initials. The designers on this forum tend to throw assumptions around way too quickly. But anyway, thanks for the help!

Please don't assume you know everything. The original logo belongs to them. I am simply revising it for them. I would never steal work and call it my won. What is it with people on this forum lately? You need to slow down and stop making assumptions all the time. Really, it's a turnoff to people seeking help here.

Don't assume that I was talking about what you were doing. I was merely pointing out the fact that MR users are so quick to attack people creating things from scratch, but typically let reworks of preexisting designs slide by.

Personally, I don't care if you're modifying a preexisting design or not. Notice how I didn't say anything about it?

I just despise the fact that people on here love to give certain people a hard time with things, but not all people. If you're going to give people a hard time for committing an act, at least be consistent.

I suggested finding something on iStockPhoto (which is legal and you pay for it) while using one of the tutorials to get the effect.

No where did I say shop'n'chop others' hard work...

Was I talking about your suggestion? No. Read my comment above.

It's amusing how bent out of shape everyone gets.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.