PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube Component Cable - 3rd party?

creator2456
Jul 2, 2009, 09:40 AM
I've started playing my Gamecube again and am interested in getting a component cable to spruce up the picture on my HD set. Problem is I am not really willing to pay the $75+ for an Official Nintendo set of cables (no longer available through Nintendo, so Ebay is the only way).

Does anyone have any experience with 3rd party component cables for the Gamecube? Thinking about trying one of those universal GC/PS2/XBOX ones.

Or if anyone has a set they are willing to sell cheaply, please PM.

Dagless
Jul 2, 2009, 10:22 AM
I've bought unbranded Component and VGA cables in the past for my Wii and Xbox 360. Neither were perfect. If you can find a cheap official cable (make sure it actually is official too) then go for that.
But I guess there are so many unbranded and 3rd party components out there that it's impossible to say either way.

BayouBengal
Jul 2, 2009, 11:26 AM
Have you checked Monoprice.com? They have all the odds and ends when it comes to cables.

creator2456
Jul 3, 2009, 08:41 AM
After some looking around it seems the Official Nintendo cable is the only one that truly works. Not sure it's worth spending $75+ on a cable to use with a system I can get new for $30.

jedivulcan
Jul 4, 2009, 09:06 PM
I could never get a hold of Gamecube component cables for cheap. It was a blessing that when the Wii came out, I could finally get cheap component cables and play GC games at 480p.